Last question..I swear!

nyvram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
What does this mean?

TurboHD uses a cutting-edge 8PSK-Turbo code to stream more data to your satellite receiver at a faster image processing rate, which results in a superior picture and sound for all your home viewing. You won’t find this technology anywhere else!

All I know is the VOOM networks looked fantastic back when we had them. Can you really tell a difference in the new HD? I understand all the stuff about the 1080p stuff for PPV movies; I'm wondering about the 'regular' HD and how it compares to OTA/old VOOM/standard cable-based HD.

Is there a review on here somewhere that I'm too lazy/dumb to find where someone has taken this to task?

Its marketing mumbo jumbo. As far as anyone has been able to determine, this is the same thing they have always used, simply packaged and sold different

Voom was a complete pleasure. Open and shut. Great picture, great content though repeated too much and no commercials. I still miss it and still play the few things I caught back then on my DVR.

I still hope it comes back someday.

Sometimes we're eager to believe. Since I got "turbo'd" I've been looking for the picture improvement. Sometimes I think I see it, but the next show it's right back to normal. Turbo implies faster, and faster decoding could theoretically result in a better picture (I guess). Maybe H.264T?

fitzie

I am still upset to Dishnetwork by dumping VOOM, Voom was the best thing Dish have to offer and is gone, i hope AT&T will carry and will dump dish

the 8psk technology was already being used before this turbo thing. everything still looks the same to me as before but it wasn't horrible before either. what scott has mentioned is that they might be already upgrading to newer encoders.

I am still upset to Dishnetwork by dumping VOOM, Voom was the best thing Dish have to offer and is gone, i hope AT&T will carry and will dump dish

Exactly!! I had a rather heated discussion with DISH after this. We set this up for my parents and suddenly those channels are gone..my kids loved Flipper and Captain Scarlet and the quality was outstanding. I was turning into a Flipper fan again just because of how good it looked.

Unfortunately when I went to visit my parents this summer they had already filled up the DVR with 'new' stuff and all the old Flippers & stuff (we had dozens & dozens of episodes) had all gone away..

I liked VOOM. I hope they DISH gets the stinking bandwidth worked out so they can bring these back (maybe) one day.

Tell me about AT&T? ARe you talking about uverse?

I liked VOOM. I hope they DISH gets the stinking bandwidth worked out so they can bring these back (maybe) one day.

Tell me about AT&T? ARe you talking about uverse?

That's just rumor/somebody's wish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts