Late Night With Seth Meyers

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I think he was even amazed how bad it started...THE WORST monologue I can remember...and you could see he knew it. Just more sub-par SNL.

Late Night with Seth Myers really started off BAD! What a TERRIBLE theme song. The monolog was nothing more than "Weekday Update" in rapid-fire and some amazingly bad jokes. Some good ones, but generally, so far pretty bad. I'll see if it grows on me, like a fungus... otherwise I'll go back to old, tired, familiar, passive-aggressive, and bored Craig Ferguson.

Halfway through the sit-down bit, it seems a bit more relaxed, but wow, is Seth nervous!

I switched back to Craig...compared to Seth, a whole new appreciation!!!

Strange looking set... better get better or Craig will have a lock on this time slot.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Yeh, I thought we were going to start seeing Jeopardy clues going on in the background.

I'll give him some time, but so far I am not impressed at all.

I first thought the band was just a joke, but I guess they are serious... I don't know. We'll see.

The VP livened things up a bit, but the set looks like something from the 60's, looks like Jimmy took all the late night budget with him and Seth was left hitting garage sales to furnish...
They (Lorne/NBC) are running the SNL connections into the ground.

I was hoping for something more original, but Seth went with a very traditional format, which I think was a mistake.
Again, I don't want to judge him too soon. I'll give him some time to come up to speed.
But he better come up with something funny and original very soon, or he won't last there for too long.

The first night's viewership means nothing really, since most people tuned in just out of curiosity.
However, the first 2-3 weeks will either make it or break it.

I just watched the opening monolog and on thru the venn diagram segment at NBC.com and thought the material was ok, but could use a little better delivery. It seemed exactly like the weekend update section on SNL. He needs to loosen it up a bit and could also use a Ed McMahon/kevin Eubanks/Andy Ricter sidekick to interact with.

His opening monolog wasnt even really a monolog, it was a standup version of the Weekend Update.

He needs a sexy yet funny female side kick... like Olivia Munn to bounce things off of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts