Latest Update for H20???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hauser

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
I am not experiencing any problems with my H20, but in preparation for the new satellite and HD channels, I was checking the versions of my software on my H20 and My HR20s.

The HR20s both have the current software version, but when I checked my H20, it has the original version x0f03 from 8/29/06 when I got the box. I understand now that it should be version x0f14. Anyone have any idea why it wouln't be getting the latest updates? I AM connected, as the caller ID works.

Thanks for any help

Is it an H20-100 or H20-600? H20-100 is at x2020 as I recall, on a staggered rollout. H20-600 is still at x0F14. You can force an update if you want, just do the RBR and 0-2-4-6-8 on the remote when the first screen pops up.

The date stamps on the software versions for the H20's are wrong. I dont remember the exact national rollout version but your unit should be good for the new sat especially if you have no issues with it. You can always grab a CE Living on the Edge release the next time one shows up for the H20.

i got my h20 in early march and it did a software update at the time it was activated. don't think their has been a national update since.

Mine is an H20 600.

The date on the version x0f03 is 8/29, which is the date that I activated the box. If the current version is 0F14, shouldn't I have been updated? Don't those occur automatically like the ones on the HR20?

Yes you should have x0F14. I would just do a RBR and enter 0-2-4-6-8 when the first screen pops up afterwards. That should DL the national release x0F14!

Update for H20-600 coming

It looks like DTV is working on a software update for the both of the H20-100 and the H10-600. They have had some beta software downloads on some weekends for testing. I would expect a national roll-out next month. Brewer4 seems to have the scoop on the info, he may know more!

By the way, I download the beta software on one of my H20-600 and it fixed a ton of problems, even the rebooting problems. I hope the final version looks and acts like the H20-700 version. I really love the options to go right to the guide, rather than the catagories menu.

I cant imagine the National Release wont be out soon. There's been a few Cutting Edge cycles and from my testing and what I've read, its been very stable. Its a major change to the unit so they are taking it rather slow. Not on the surface but its a release that doesnt go backward easily so if you CE Living on the Edge it, you cant go back easily.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)