Latino HD package = No NFLHD or HGTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smooth28la

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
I think it's been mentioned that if you have HD Latino Silver, you won't get any of the new HD channels.

What a rip off!

I get the Latino one because it's $5 cheaper than the English one (I don't speak a word of Spanish)

Dish has decided to discontinue on June 9, 2006 the following HD packages they created on Febraury 1, 2006:

All Dish Latino HD packs
The HD Standalone pack
And Greatwall TV HD

people who subscribed will continue to receive the pack grandfathered, but the new HD channels added will only be available to the Dish HD packs still current...

That's ridiculous!

So how do people with Latino basic programming get HD?

how about people who have all the basic programming on cable or directv and want to watch DISH HD?

You have to get add the Dish Latino bonus pack to a dish HD pack to get the spanish channels, they're getting an additional $12.49 out of people now..

What BFG said, you need to pay $12.49 more to add the Latino Bonus package and switch to the HD Gold Package to get the new HD channels.

I'm dropping it at the end of the World Cup. It's been nothing but headaches, low signal on 129, buggy receiver, and they want more money now. Adios HD package for me, I've had enough.

I edited the post, thanks BFG.

Last edited:
was that a question Randall?

No, it's not 12.49 to get the HD channels.

It's the price people have to pay to add the dish latino channels to a dishHD package...

That's still ridiculous. People with DISH Latino by definition have less or no interest in English programming. And now they're being forced fed all the other basic channels just to watch HD?

For me, I have zero interest in non-HD programming and I'm being forced fed to pay for low definition programming!

Last edited:
I currently have HD Latino Gold.
In general, I was looking for package that gives met as all HD chanells (excluding premiums), all Latino channels, and some english channel.
I pick the Gold package because there were some channels that the kids like to watch (i.e. Boomerang, Discovery Kids, National Geographic) that are only on that package.
For now, I am going to leave my package as is. For the next month, I am mostly focus on the World Cup (enough games to watch) but once that is over, I may look to see if it is worthit to switch to another package that includes most of the HD channels. I may switch to a DishHD sylver and add the Dish Lation bonus pack. (I will probably sent a couple of emails before doing any kind of adjustments).

Argh i got a phone call from dish after sending an email to the above listed email. They told me that the dish hd latino packs are gone. I can keep it but i wont recieve any of the new hd stuff thats now out. If i want any future hd channels i must change to the regular hd packs. I just got pro rated for my change last month my bill is $150 now i have to wait till the 25th for my cycle to turn and change package again and get prorated again this F-in blows. I have no choice i need to change from my $99 a month pack to the other $99 a month pack and now need to pay $12.49 for the latino channels for my parents i guess i will gain a good amount of english channels from the change but i am still very pissed. Oh and he said i might loose the national geo hd channel if i dont change.:mad: So i have to get another pro rated bill higher than my current pro roted $150 bill :eek:

RandallA said:
Well, you must subscribe to the HD Gold package to get the National Geographic HD channel. So HD Silver won't do it.

I got that. Making that changes will add HGTV HD and NFLHD to my current HD lineup. I will also lose Fox Soccer Channel; do I will still have Fox Sports en Espanol.
I really don't want to get the DishHD Gold, too many English channels that I really don't care for.
I currently paid $69.99 my Dish Latino HD Gold. If I change to other HD package with the Latino bonus and locals, I will pay $77.48 for Silver or $87.48 for Gold.

It will be almost $18 to switch to the DishHD Gold. Not sure if that is worthy for me.

The more I think about this, I am going to way until they add more HD channels, then I make my decision.

"If I change to other HD package with the Latino bonus and locals, I will pay $77.48 for Silver or $87.48 for Gold."

Exactly why I will drop the HD package and just go with Dish Latino Max. I just got fed up with buggy receivers, low signal on 129 and now you need to subscribe to different package just to get any new HD channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts