Launch day XBox 360 finally bricks itself...

A launch day Xbox 360? Wow, thats amazing. You should be proud that your manufacured defected box lasted as long as it had, mine died last year and *knock on wood* I only had to replace it once.

Don't know if that was sincere or sarcasm (or a little bit of both), but actually I like the idea of getting a newer unit that runs quieter and has two less years of wear on the DVD drive. My original XBox crapped out after 2.5 years, but I wore the sucker out.

The only hassle is the DRM issues with the downloaded content, but I hear that they will give me a boatload of Microsoft points to replace them all if I make enough of a stink.....

Cardboard coffin came today. Gave it right to the UPS guy two hours later,... we'll see long it takes to get back now....

Don't know if that was sincere or sarcasm (or a little bit of both), but actually I like the idea of getting a newer unit that runs quieter and has two less years of wear on the DVD drive. My original XBox crapped out after 2.5 years, but I wore the sucker out.

The only hassle is the DRM issues with the downloaded content, but I hear that they will give me a boatload of Microsoft points to replace them all if I make enough of a stink.....

Did you keep your HDD? I thought the downloaded content was tied to your Gamer tag and not the 360 itself.

Did you keep your HDD? I thought the downloaded content was tied to your Gamer tag and not the 360 itself.

Its tied to both actually. You can use it with your gamer tag on any box, but you have to be signed into xbox live to do such.

On the original box it was downloaded to the content will work with any game tag.

Yes, I kept the HDD as well as my custom faceplate (a nifty blue Halo 2 one that fits my media room well)....

Re: the downloaded content, there' the rub..... My son and daughter watch a bunch of Looney Tunes cartoons they've downloaded again and again, as well as over 30 XBox Live Arcade games (I think about 5 are demos, the rest are full versions...). THAT will be the biggest PITA ... getting them to work again. I hope I can talk them into the boatload o' points solution..... A pain to download all them again, but it would solve the access problem......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts