Lawsuit on Dish’s HD Lite?

I agree that these lawsuits won't go anywhere and a waste of time and taxpayer money.I think that congress should step in and force them to put at full strength instead of lawsuits clogging up the courts.But I doubt we see that either.

I agree that these lawsuits won't go anywhere and a waste of time and taxpayer money.I think that congress should step in and force them to put at full strength instead of lawsuits clogging up the courts.But I doubt we see that either.

And having Congress step in is not a waste of tax money. I think that they have a lot more important things to worry about.

1440X1080 is not a frame rate, it is a legitimate high definition standard or satellite broadcast as established by the ATSC.

1440X1080 is not a frame rate, it is a legitimate high definition standard or satellite broadcast as established by the ATSC.
There is no indication that the ATSC considers 1440x1080 HD.

Acceptable DBS standard - yes.

HD - no. The document that included 1440x1080 does not differentiate between SD and HD.

Scott

This thread should be deleted, way off topic and Dish is not the one thats being sued for the HD lite, and false advertising. Maybe they should , but's thats for another topic! :D

This thread should be deleted, way off topic and Dish is not the one thats being sued for the HD lite, and false advertising. Maybe they should , but's thats for another topic! :D

Although I started this thread mistakenly thinking it was E*’s lawsuit; the fact remains that whatever the outcome of D*’s HD lawsuit, I think that it will effect E*, cable and everyone else. The standards for HD should be clear for John Q public. As it is now the vendor’s and providers are blitzing the public with their confusing HD sales pitches.

Although I started this thread mistakenly thinking it was E*’s lawsuit; the fact remains that whatever the outcome of D*’s HD lawsuit, I think that it will effect E*, cable and everyone else. The standards for HD should be clear for John Q public. As it is now the vendor’s and providers are blitzing the public with their confusing HD sales pitches.

The majority of the public does not care what the standard is. They only care that their picture looks good. If it looks good to them at 1440x1080 then the majaority will be fine with that.

The majority of the public does not care what the standard is. They only care that their picture looks good. If it looks good to them at 1440x1080 then the majaority will be fine with that.

I do not think that they don’t care; it’s that they don’t know any better.

I agree that if they are getting a nice picture then they might think its HD because they purchased a HD television, and using composite connections.:)

But for us in the know, it would be nice to state that an apple is an apple and not an orange.

My two cents.

So since you care so much do you protest by not buying their mislabeled product?

No, I know I am getting HD lite, and I do not have a high end 1080P capable set, even if FULL HD was being broadcast, I would not be able to get it; but my next set I buy will have the capability, so when I purchased a Blue Ray or HD format player it will not be a problem. As far as E*, or D* HD lite offerings at that time frame, if that’s all they have then I don’t need them.

I believe in being an inform buyer and getting my money’s worth.

The majority of the public looks at HDTV sets and wonders what is so great about HDTV, especially when non-HD images are being shown on all the sets, LIKE WHEN I WAS AT WALMART TODAY! MADE ME SICK!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts