Will all HD subscribers get same HD channels ?

gjh3260

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2006
New Brighton, Minnesota
With the elimination of the "metal" packages effective Feb 1 and the new "HD Pak" for $20, will all current subs who had a "metal" package get the same HD channels on Feb 1? Specifically I had the "Silver Package" and didnt get Nat Geo HD previously. According to what I read below I should be getting Nat Geo HD on Feb 1.....anyone know if this is true ?

I heard on another forum (AVS) that this was the case.

You will not get the HD feed if you don't subscribe to the SD version. Specifically you will not get Nat Geo HD in the Top 200 +HD (formerly HDSilver) pack. Sorry that is not what you wanted to hear.

You will not get the HD feed if you don't subscribe to the SD version. Specifically you will not get Nat Geo HD in the Top 200 +HD (formerly HDSilver) pack. Sorry that is not what you wanted to hear.

I didnt think so. I didnt think what i saw in the other forum was correct to begin with. Thanks for the info.

It works pretty much the same as channels like Showtime and Showtime HD. If you subscribe to Showtime, you get the HD as a "freebie". Other than the premium channels, I think Nat'l Geographic and the HD version are the only channels for this scenario.

Scott said that Dish will follow Directv and charge soon a technology fee instead of calling it the Hd pack. My question is will it follow in price as well ? For instance Directv will charge $10.99 for their tech fee and if you get the sd version you get the hd version on any hd receiver. If Dish follows will it be the same or will their tech fee be IN ADDITION to the hd pack price of $20.00? I hope that Dish will cut the price of the hd channels to just the one tech fee comparable in price to Directvs. That certainly would take the sting out of the price increases that Dish has planned for the AEP + hd pack ( old platinum pack). Instead of a 10.00 increase you would break even.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts