Replace a vip722k HD

HerranPR

Original poster
Nov 10, 2023
USA
Hello guys!!

I have a Hooper 3 with Sling, but the main board it’s damage. Also I have an VIP722K and I dot use it.

Can I put the Hooper 3 HD in the VIP722K to continue enjoy the movies and programs previously recorded on my Hooper 3 HD?

Thanks in advance!!

Hello guys!!

I have a Hooper 3 with Sling, but the main board it’s damage. Also I have an VIP722K and I dot use it.

Can I put the Hooper 3 HD in the VIP722K to continue enjoy the movies and programs previously recorded on my Hooper 3 HD?

Thanks in advance!!
No, they have entirely different software. Why not just upgrade to a Hopper 3.

Reactions: charlesrshell
No, they have entirely different software. Why not just upgrade to a Hopper 3.

Hello! And thanks for your time!!

I already have my Hooper 3 with sling, but have problems in the main board. I just wanted to continue enjoying what I had recorded on the Hooper 3. Do you know if the hooper that says “Blockbuster” will work?

Hello! And thanks for your time!!

I already have my Hooper 3 with sling, but have problems in the main board. I just wanted to continue enjoying what I had recorded on the Hooper 3. Do you know if the hooper that says “Blockbuster” will work?
It's bothering me so much that you keep saying hooper instead of hopper lol.

But the ones that say blockbuster are either the original hopper/hopper2000/hopper1 whatever you want to call it, or it may also be a hopper with sling/hopper2 as they reused the old shells to save money.

Hello guys!!

Thanks in advance!!
Is the Hopper 3 purchased or leased? If it's purchased, you may be able to repair the mb long enough to transfer to either a new Hopper, or an EHD for now. But these would only be playable on another Hopper 3.

XiP vs VIP software

It's bothering me so much that you keep saying hooper instead of hopper lol.

But the ones that say blockbuster are either the original hopper/hopper2000/hopper1 whatever you want to call it, or it may also be a hopper with sling/hopper2 as they reused the old shells to save money.

. Well, I try tu put my old HD from my Hopper 3 with sling to another Hopper 2 (Blockbuster) to continue watching my movies, but don’t work. It’s normal or maybe it’s an problem here??

I hope not to cause damage to my HD

IIRC EHD's on both Hoppers and 722's are compatible and interchangeable. Have Dish send a hit to the 722 to refresh the account in it's memory, that may allow the 722 to read the Hopper EHD.
Also if your Hopper 3 is faulty, just have Dish replace it, leased or purchased it does not matter.

. Well, I try tu put my old HD from my Hopper 3 with sling to another Hopper 2 (Blockbuster) to continue watching my movies, but don’t work. It’s normal or maybe it’s an problem here??

I hope not to cause damage to my HD
What happens exactly when you tried it? I know one of the two HDD's I had from the Hopper 1/2000 did not work on the Hopper 3 when it only showed some of the shows but there was no playback menu either but the same HD worked when I switch the USB to SATA adapter from a docking station.

1700617312918.png

• Haha