Lawsuit on Dish’s HD Lite?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I do not think that they don’t care; it’s that they don’t know any better.
I agree.

When digital cameras first came out, the megapixel factor was just one of many specs, while the emphasis was on digital. Once the general public became aware of what megapixels represented, that became one of the most (if not THE most) selling feature.

The same thing will happen with HD. Numbers will be used to distinguish one product from from another. The difference between HD and digital cameras, is that resolution tops out at 1080x1920p, while there isn't any upper limit for cameras. So instead of a resolution war, I think we're likely to see market-enforced compliance.

Scott

No, I know I am getting HD lite, and I do not have a high end 1080P capable set, even if FULL HD was being broadcast, I would not be able to get it...

FULL HD is not just 1080P. Why would you not be able to get full HD. HD is also 1280x720 (720P). I would have to think your set would be able to receive a full HD resolution.

I agree.

When digital cameras first came out, the megapixel factor was just one of many specs, while the emphasis was on digital. Once the general public became aware of what megapixels represented, that became one of the most (if not THE most) selling feature.

The same thing will happen with HD. Numbers will be used to distinguish one product from from another. The difference between HD and digital cameras, is that resolution tops out at 1080x1920p, while there isn't any upper limit for cameras. So instead of a resolution war, I think we're likely to see market-enforced compliance.

Scott

I've seen 3 MP cameras take better pictures than a 8MP. When most everyone has 1080p sets and Cable and Fiber providers provide 1080p and Dish has enough transponders, then you will see Dish do 1080p.

My guess is that no provider will give you full BR 1080p ever. The content providers won't want that and would rather you enjoy that on a protected purchased disk and HD player.

Figure it out.

FULL HD is not just 1080P. Why would you not be able to get full HD. HD is also 1280x720 (720P). I would have to think your set would be able to receive a full HD resolution.

No JAG72, My present 4 year old HD set has only 480P and 1080I. It does not have the capability of 720P. I know that the term TRUE HD has no real definition, since standards for HD span several resolutions and because of this it becomes a “controversial" topic I guess it just separates the “Good”, “ Better” and “Best”. So I want to go with 1080P.

720p is nice but you just cut your detail level down to 1/2 of what I will like it to be.

My goal is to get a 1080P set, with a HD-DVD or Blu-ray player. This way I will have a 1080P source. This translates into a sharper images and a higher level of detail. A 1080P set will scale up a 1080I picture to make it look better.

The majority of the public looks at HDTV sets and wonders what is so great about HDTV, especially when non-HD images are being shown on all the sets, LIKE WHEN I WAS AT WALMART TODAY! MADE ME SICK!

I agree. Many stores do not due HD justice by showing a SD image on the HD sets they are trying to sell. The stores that I love are the ones that have an HD image on the most expensive set and a SD image on the lesser priced models.

No JAG72, My present 4 year old HD set has only 480P and 1080I. It does not have the capability of 720P. I know that the term TRUE HD has no real definition, since standards for HD span several resolutions and because of this it becomes a “controversial" topic I guess it just separates the “Good”, “ Better” and “Best”. So I want to go with 1080P.

720p is nice but you just cut your detail level down to 1/2 of what I will like it to be.

My goal is to get a 1080P set, with a HD-DVD or Blu-ray player. This way I will have a 1080P source. This translates into a sharper images and a higher level of detail. A 1080P set will scale up a 1080I picture to make it look better.

You say that people just don't understand but how can they understand when people call True HD 1080P. This makes them think that all he other sets are not really HD and they are. 90+% of the population can not tell the difference between 1080P and 720P. People should just be happy with anything broadcast in HD. I really can't see a time in the near future that anything besides HD-DVD and Blu-ray will be in 1080P.

You say that people just don't understand but how can they understand when people call True HD 1080P. This makes them think that all he other sets are not really HD and they are. 90+% of the population can not tell the difference between 1080P and 720P. People should just be happy with anything broadcast in HD. I really can't see a time in the near future that anything besides HD-DVD and Blu-ray will be in 1080P.

I never said they don’t understand. I stated that they just don’t know.

The size of the set is also very important, (the size does matter :) ) 720P and 1080P will not be that much of a difference for the average viewer on a 34 to 42 inch set; but it would make a difference when you go 56 or 65 inches and up.

I agree with you on the future of 1080P, but at least if you get a 1080P set, you should be okay for the foreseeable future. It is better to down convert from your 1080P capable set to a 720P or 1080i line input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts