LCD monitor recommendations? 24"+

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I will supplement then replace my current work machine 4x3 CRT with a 16x9 LCD, probably in the 24-28 inch range. Mostly for surfing, spreadsheets and other typical office work, but also for OTA TV display. Prefer HDMI & built in speakers.

I'm more into bang for the buck here, as the demands are not onerous. Purchase will be online or at MicroCenter.

Any recommendations as to a good reliable unit, or brands to avoid?

Gotta second the Dell recommendation, I've been happy with my 19 inch and considering an upgrade to two 22+ inches next year for dual screen.

So is the price. I went with an ASUS. If it doesn't work out, I'll reconsider.

Cheap monitors use TN panels (Twisted Nematic). The best Dell Ultrasharp and Apple Cinema displays are IPS and cost a lot more than TN panels. According to Wikipedia the 2408WFP is a PVA panel, which is somewhere in between the two, both in cost and image quality. If you spend a lot of time in front of your computer every day, or someone else is footing the bill, do your eyes a favor and get a display that uses an IPS panel.

Well, it was just delivered. I'm at the computer all day. I currently use a CRT, that others complain has a bit of wobble. I rarely notice any shimmer in it, but it does have it's moments. Like right now. I really want the real estate back, and widescreen for spreadsheets.

We certainly have an ongoing need for monitors, so I can pass it on and spring for the big bucks if need be.

Thanks for the input. If it doesn't work out, I'll report back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)