Lease 622 w/o Metallic HD pak?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
Can you lease a 622 for $299 without switching to a Metallic HD pak?

I currently have the HD + Voom deal for $15.00 a month, and right now the 2 extra channels do nothing for me, so would like to stick with my current deal.
I would like the additional HD recording time of an additional HD receiver. (currently OWN a 942, purchased in November!)

Thanks!

Rob

My understanding (which could be wrong) is that the $6 HD enabling fee is to allow you to receive OTA channels (it is waived if you subscribe to a metallic package). If you don't want the OTA tuner activated, you don't have to pay the fee.

:confused:
randyj said:
My understanding (which could be wrong) is that the $6 HD enabling fee is to allow you to receive OTA channels (it is waived if you subscribe to a metallic package). If you don't want the OTA tuner activated, you don't have to pay the fee.
Ok, let's say (as in my case) that I already subscribe to an AT package w/locals, HD Pak, VOOM HD Pak, and am happy with the current service...just want a non-doorstop HD DVR (622). If I were to add a purchased 622 to my current subscription, I would have to pay a $6 HD receiver fee, plus $5.98 DVR (waived with AT180) and another $6 HD Enabling Fee in order to receive free OTA...in addition to the $5 locals fee I am already needlessly paying because I need the program guide data for my 942 and 811?

Confused.

Last edited:
riffjim4069 said:
:confused: Ok, let's say (as in my case) that I already subscribe to an AT package w/locals, HD Pak, VOOM HD Pak, and am happy with the current service...just want a non-doorstop HD DVR (622). If I were to add a purchased 622 to my current subscription, I would have to pay a $6 HD receiver fee, plus $5.98 DVR (waived with AT180) and another $6 HD Enabling Fee in order to receive free OTA...in addition to the $5 locals fee I am already needlessly paying because I need the program guide data for my 942 and 811?

Confused.

No, you wouldn't have to pay that much. I purchased my 622 and I have AT120 with locals plus the old HD pack and Voom and get all of my HD locals via OTA. I don't pay the $6 HD fee or lease fee. My bill is for AT120, locals, HD pack, Voom, and the $5.95 DVR fee. I believe the $6 HD fee is if you don't sub to a metallic package and want to get OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)