Lease Fee for only one receiver?

feenix480

Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Gilbert Arizona
I have been a Dishnetwork® customer for over 10 years! I have only one receiver, a vip 622. I am being charged a $6.00 per month lease fee. (plus the $5.98 DVR fee) It is my understanding that the fee on the first receiver on an account is waived, if 1 receiver is an HD, that will be considered the primary receiver) I spoke to a CSR he agreed and transferred me to his Supervisor. His Supervisor agreed and sent the following to "Executive Resolution Dept" Equipment Rental Fee: An equipment rental fee of $6 per month (in the case of a model 411, ViP211, ViP222, AT&T Homezone 622HZ DVR, ViP722 DVR, or ViP622 DVR receiver) or $5 per month (in all other cases) for the first receiver activated is included in the promotional base programming package price. An additional equipment rental fee of $6 per month (in the case of a model 411, ViP211, ViP222, AT&T Homezone 622HZ DVR, ViP722 DVR, or ViP622 DVR receiver) or $5 per month (in all other cases) will be charged to your account for each receiver activated beyond the first (for the purpose of determining the amount of this fee, model 411, ViP211, ViP222, AT&T Homezone 622HZ DVR, ViP722 DVR, and ViP622 DVR receivers shall be deemed to be activated prior to all other receivers). They advised that since I went from an account with two owned receivers (a 6000 and a 301) to an account with ONE leased receiver (vip622), the $6.00 lease fee is a valid charge. Anybody ever heard of such a thing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts