Lease or own VIP722?

dummy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
When I've called DISH about a new account to get a VIP722 they tell me the only way to acquire one is via lease. Yet, when I've called one of the many "sales agents" for DISH with toll free numbers, one insisted that for the same payment that DISH quoted I would own the unit.

Does anyone have a perspective on which way to go here. I'm thinking that if you lease, the price must include service in the event of a break down. But with owning, maybe you could sell the 722 after two years and get some cash.

Any comments?

Call Claude at dishstore.net. He'll give you a straight story. Dish just changed all the plans/promotions and I'm not up to speed on them all yet.

Good Luck, Eric

When I've called DISH about a new account to get a VIP722 they tell me the only way to acquire one is via lease. Yet, when I've called one of the many "sales agents" for DISH with toll free numbers, one insisted that for the same payment that DISH quoted I would own the unit.

Does anyone have a perspective on which way to go here. I'm thinking that if you lease, the price must include service in the event of a break down. But with owning, maybe you could sell the 722 after two years and get some cash.

Any comments?

For the same price quoted for a lease YOU will not OWN your 722. You can get good deals on owning a 722, but normally you will not go there unless you cannot get a lease (ex. more than 4 "tuners").

a little help....

722 SD Display issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)