Lease Upgrade Requires SD Subscription (Bronze, Silver, etc)??

That's exactly the point, there is no standalone price for the hd programming. It's only gonna be the Dish HD packs...

hammerdown said:
I own my 6000 and only pay for the HD Pack + Voom + access fee. I don't ever want any SD channel package, and I don't ever want any HD Locals from Dish.

If I call them up and ask for the "211 lease upgrade", will they force me to select a Bronze, Silver, etc package?

What if I go out and buy a 211/622 cash? Can I shut off my 6000, activate the new one without changing my subscription, and see the new channels?

No mention of a DishHD stand alone Package for ~$20/mo?

Ask a CSR, ya right....
Hammer
I just sold my 811 on ebay. I then called dishnet and deactivated my 811 and put my HD only account on hold for up to 6 months($5 month fee) until I can obtain a 211 or 622. Does anybody know when the 622's will be available?

BFG said:
That's exactly the point, there is no standalone price for the hd programming. It's only gonna be the Dish HD packs...

Shear speculation by you, please label it as such.

NightRyder

BFG said:
Spanish people don't get HD ;)

I do. I have the Dish Latino Max + Locals with the HD Package and I know Sean has something similar. Just trying to point out that there will be situations where the HD package will be needed as a stand alone.

And you don't need to be Hispanic to order the Latino packages. Some people order them and the HD package for the soccer channels that are offered.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with AT&T/Dish and she didn't have any details about the upgrade options for us. However, she was aware of the new HD channels and the need of a new MPG4 receiver. She suggested I called back around Feb. 1st as they will have more information on this.

I also asked about the Latino packages and after looking at the pricing she said that these packages will also be combined with the HD packages. For the Dish Latino Max currently at $66.99 she said there will be a new package called Dish Latino Gold at $74.99. This will include the HD package. That's only a difference of $8.00 so she might not be correct in the pricing but at least now I know they will be combining them with the HD package.

THEY SAID IT CLEARLY ON THE CHAT!

HD Pak- $19.99, 25 channels. That's the current 5, 15 VOOM, ESPN2, Universal, Food, and HGTV. (They also counted the PPV channel.)

They also said that there would be no increase if you don't have MPEG-4. Presumably, there will be some kind of grandfathered version of the current packages, but it won't be offered to new customers.

Which is why some of us are worried about resale value on 921s and 942s.

Last edited:
NightRyder said:
Shear speculation by you, please label it as such.
NightRyder

First of all, it's "Sheer"

Second...I admit that we're taking a chance by "speculating" that the Senior VP of Programming might actually be telling the truth on national television, but until we're proven wrong, we kind of have to assume it's right. The Charlie Chats may be inaccurate often, but that doesn't make it speculation to repeat what was stated on them.

But, if it'll make you happy, I'll speak for BFG...

"This is just speculation, but I think the Senior VP of Programming was telling the truth when he said the HD Pak would be $19.99 on TV last night."

Happy? :rolleyes:

I still think that them saying the hd pack is $20 is them just noting how much is added on to the AT packs. There may be a chance that an ala carte purchase of just HD may still be available, but it looks like the majority folks will be going for a leasing deal which has always required an AT package so for the most part the argument is moot anyways

M Sparks said:
First of all, it's "Sheer"
Second...I admit that we're taking a chance by "speculating" that the Senior VP of Programming might actually be telling the truth on national television, but until we're proven wrong, we kind of have to assume it's right. The Charlie Chats may be inaccurate often, but that doesn't make it speculation to repeat what was stated on them.
But, if it'll make you happy, I'll speak for BFG...
"This is just speculation, but I think the Senior VP of Programming was telling the truth when he said the HD Pak would be $19.99 on TV last night."
Happy? :rolleyes:

:confused: :confused:

Did you even bother to read what I was replying to, or were you too busy being the self appointed spelling police? :rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG

Get that? BFG is speculating that there will be NO separate HD PAK for $19.99, which is fine, and he may be right, but as a mod he needs to be careful about making speculative statements and not qualifying them as such. IMHO

NightRyder

Last edited:
I don't see how I'm making speculations. What dish presented at CES is what they presented, which was Dish HD packs bundled with AT60. Now if they plan to offer HD seperate and they did not say so at CES that's not my problem, I'mjust passing along which was presented, which was only DishHD packs bundled with AT packs.

BFG said:
I don't see how I'm making speculations.

OK, J...oops I mean BFG, how about, making assumptions based on preliminary information? ;)

NightRyder

Hey...Made it to 1500 Posts!

Last edited:
I just can't imagine if I go buy a 211, bring it home, hook it up, call dish and say, "please de-activate my 6000, activate my 211, and don't change my subscription status", that they would actually say, "no we can't do that". And when they do activate it, that the new channels would somehow not show up.

Hammer

What would be the purpose of them saying no?
The hardware would be returned - Lost $ for them (full price cash sale)
They would loose a customer permanently - Lost $ for them again

Hammer

Well why do you want a 211 if you're so adament about not changing your subscription and just sticking to the HD they have now?

I don't know what gave you the idea I want to stick to the HD they have now?? Sorry if didn't make it clear enough that I do in fact want to see the new channels. I really want ESPN2HD for NHRA Drags. Can't get that with a 6000.

Hammer

ok but you said you didn't want to change your subscription and in order to see the new channels you will have to change your subscription to a DishHD package.

ROTFLOL In order to see the new channels you will have to change your subscription to a DishHD package -Ya according to one person's opinion. An opinion that so far everyone here agrees holds no convincing evidence.

Hammer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts