Leasing - Service Fee??

ndcart

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
TX
Ok, so something is jacked up with my Dish 500 system. I have a 522 that is telling me I have a switch problem. It seems to loose connectivity to one of the satellites constantly. So I called the company who installed the system. They said that since it was installed over a year ago, the will be a $49 service charge to come see what is wrong with it. Is that not the point of a lease? Should there really be a service charge for this? Thanks.

So other than obtaining the hardware cheap up front, there is really no benefit to leasing receivers then? Guess it's not really a traditional lease?

Sure it is. If you lease a car and you get a flat tire you have to pay to fix it right? Same principle.

There's always the DHPP for $5.99 per month that will reduce the on-site service fee to $29 and provide a few other cost reductions associated with replacing equipment (free shipping, etc). Some folks have been known to add the plan, have that service call they've needed, then drop the plan again...

lakebum431 said:
Sure it is. If you lease a car and you get a flat tire you have to pay to fix it right? Same principle.

Except for the fact that satellite telemarketers are known to lie about this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)