Least Expensive Package that gets all HD channels?

chc59

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 31, 2007
Dalton, Ohio
I am considering moving most, if not all of my programming over to Dish. I currently sub only to the HD Absolute. So, I'm already paying around $39 per month for that. All of my other programming is on my 4DTV sat system through NPS and a good portion of that is up for renewal in November. I get their Absolute Digital, Showtime/Movie Channel, and Starz packages. The subscription cost from NPS has skyrocketed since I began with them many moons ago. It was the least expensive programming but no longer. The movie channels on 4DTV are still rather cheap and my Starz package has another 6 months to go. The NPS cost will wind up being about $60/month. Adding them together is darn near equal to the All Everything package from Dish.

Appreciate any recommendations/suggestions that you might have.

Joe

I would hang on to the HD Absolute. Just Add all the premium channels from Dish to it. As you'll need it to supplement the shear number of movie channels you get w/ 4DTV. Also good thing most of them are in HD now. As i think you would be very disappointed in DISHSD. I know i was. You can get all 4 premiums for $40. I think Encore maybe a couple bucks more. I can't remember exactly as i dumped the movie channels from Dish and went back to 4DTV for them when i saw the ultra low definition SD quality that DISH puts out.:D

Looking over my new NPS bill, the Absolute Digital package will be $45/month including that burdensome uplinking fee. If I add the Dish HD Absolute that I currently have to that, I'm lookin at $84/month. The Classic Gold 250 is $63 + $10 for HD or $73/month. On the surface that looks to be the better deal. Other than PQ, what am I missing?

The NPS charge for the movie channels runs about $17/month each for both the Starz and the Showtime/TMC/Flix packages. HBO/Cinemax is about $25/month. The All Everthing from Dish is only about $40 more to get all of the movies including the HD versions which NPS is mighty light on. (Only 5 total, 2 of those, HBO E & W, are rumoured to go away this month.)

In the words of Yul Brynner (The KIng and I) "Is a puzzlement".

Joe

I wasn't aware that you also sub to Nps' absolute digital pak. I never was a fan of that. Also the G3 uplinks are worse than DISH SD. Personally i would dump that in a heartbeat. Buy a AZBOX, keep your HD absolute, continue subbing to STARZ on 4DTV and be happy. But, thats just me.:D Why do you pay $39.99 for HD absolute?

I also recommend hanging on to HD Absolute and just add in the premiums unless you are really killing for those few HD channels it does not get.

I actually pay a little less than 39.99 for HD Absolute. It's 29.99 + 7.00 for a second receiver, add in state and local taxes and it comes to $39 and change.

Joe

I actually pay a little less than 39.99 for HD Absolute. It's 29.99 + 7.00 for a second receiver, add in state and local taxes and it comes to $39 and change.

Joe

Hmm...mine is 29.99 +5.00 for locals + 5.98 for DVR access (0 for exra receiver) for a total of 40.97+ 1.27 tax for a grand total of 42.24.

I have two 211's, which I own. When I added the second receiver, it went on my bill as a "Solo Receiver" at $7.00 per month.

Joe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)