Leaving Cablevision for Direct TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Martin2579

Original poster
Dec 31, 2011
New Jersey
Hey all,

I am hoping that I dont get blasted for this but I am scheduled to have Direct TV come to my house on 1/7/12 for installation. I am a long time Cablevision customer and am very nervous about the switch. Have any of you on the board had Direct TV? What was your experiance been? Did you regret the move? I am worried about service interruption with bad weather. Please share your experiances with me.

Thanks so much ,
Martin

This is probably a better question to be asked in the DirecTV Forum. The DIRECTV Forum. I think the general opinion here is that most people are happy with their DirecTV service. I have not lost signal in forever with my Dish Network service and you should experience the same with your DirecTV service.

No Sir I didnt forget I wanted to get the opinion of those that have gone from Direct TV to cablevision. See so that means its the opposite of the question that I posted on the Direct TV forum. Way to make a newcomer welcome.....

No Sir I didnt forget I wanted to get the opinion of those that have gone from Direct TV to cablevision. See so that means its the opposite of the question that I posted on the Direct TV forum. Way to make a newcomer welcome.....

sorry hoss but your post here and the other spot are pretty much the same. Even isaac said the same thing that you'd get more help in the DIrectv area asking about moving from cablevision to directv

Don't worry about bad weather. We only loose signal a few times a year, and it is only for a few minutes at a time. It has to be a very heavy downpour. If you live in a snowy area, just have them install the dish where you can clear off the snow. I have Dish now, had Direct about 5 years ago, and had Cablevison when I first moved into the house I am in now. Both Sat companies blow Cablevision away. Their user interface was so slow, it was painful to channel surf. The Dvr's of the Sat companies are 10 times better than Cablevisions. I really think that you will be happy with your decision, and never want to go back to Cablevision.
I am actually thinking of going back to Direct, in part because of the whole home DVR solution they are offering, and will be interested to see how you like it. I may wait until next football season though, and get the Sunday ticket for free for the season.

Welcome to Satellite Guys!!!

I left Cablevision back in Sept. '09, and I could not be happier. You may get rain/snow fade that doesn't happen all too often, if your dish is aligned well. Not to mention, if and when it does happen, don't stray from your tv, the picture will be back in a matter of a minute or two. With the exception of the heaviest rain and snowfall. I have much better picture quality with DirecTV, although Cablevision has vastly improved. I used Versus as my barometer, when I first switched, which was horrible on Cablevision in the area where I lived. When Versus finally came back on DirecTV in early '10, I found the it to be crystal clear. But, today Versus (NBC Sports Network) on Cablevision is markedly better, on par with DTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)