Leaving Cablevision...

Cobra611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Beacon, NY
As I'm a member of both Satellite Guys and The AVS Forum, I'm posting this on both sites...

After years of waiting to move, it's finally happening this week. My intention is to switch back to DirecTV, as I was a sub from '95-'04. I just called Cablevision to disconnect on Tuesday and they didn't even blink an eye when I said I was switching services. Not that I expected them to drop to their knees to try to keep me. But, at the very least expected them to offer some type of promotion. After all this hassle, I'm still a little uncertain I'll have a clear view for the dish. So, I may end up retaining Cablevision services. Regardless, just wanted to say I appreciated everyone's comments and help over the years, here in this forum, in the event I switch "teams".

Best of luck to all!!

OTA reception is also much better with DTV, too. You won't get ESPN, etc., but it is free and you can get lots of sports coverage over the internet. Keep an eye out for development in those areas, too.

As I'm a member of both Satellite Guys and The AVS Forum, I'm posting this on both sites...

After years of waiting to move, it's finally happening this week. My intention is to switch back to DirecTV, as I was a sub from '95-'04. I just called Cablevision to disconnect on Tuesday and they didn't even blink an eye when I said I was switching services. Not that I expected them to drop to their knees to try to keep me. But, at the very least expected them to offer some type of promotion. After all this hassle, I'm still a little uncertain I'll have a clear view for the dish. So, I may end up retaining Cablevision services. Regardless, just wanted to say I appreciated everyone's comments and help over the years, here in this forum, in the event I switch "teams".

Best of luck to all!!

I'm just curious. What exactly did you expect from Cablevision? Did they jack up your rates a whole bunch? If not were u not happy with their service. I just switched to Cablevision from Directv for the TV and Verizon Fios with the internet and phone and got the triple play from Cablevision. I am EXTREMELY happy so far with Cablevision. I know my rates will go up in a couple of years but on balance I will still be saving money and the service has been excellent.

I'm just curious. What exactly did you expect from Cablevision? Did they jack up your rates a whole bunch? If not were u not happy with their service. I just switched to Cablevision from Directv for the TV and Verizon Fios with the internet and phone and got the triple play from Cablevision. I am EXTREMELY happy so far with Cablevision. I know my rates will go up in a couple of years but on balance I will still be saving money and the service has been excellent.

Skohly,

If you haven't done so, enroll in the Optomin Rewards Program - you'll save some more after the current 12 month deal expires.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts