Leaving Dish AFTER 4 YEARS

Strangely enough I am a Passions fan. I love the out rageous story lines . It reminds me of Dark SHadows when I was a boy except with a whole lot of humour thrown in. I would add Directv just for this show except I can't afford two services .

I just can't find the logic of putting ANY show on just one of several distributors. I would think that D* only would be reaching less than 10% TV of households.

Seem kinda like Prince Charles leaving Diana for Camilla Parker Bowles. Whatever makes you happy.

Had a COMCAST engineer pay me a visit a week ago. He came out to survey the lay of my land. He said I'm a little under 200ft from the main drop line, and well within the alloted limit and is going to recommend a free install. They'd have to drop the line, bury it, snake it underneath a portion of black top, then proceed to bury it all the way up to the house.

Now, when and if I get the reply that I'm ok for a FREE install...it's bye-bye E* & hello COMCAST with local networks in HD & NESN HD!!!:hungry:

I'm plain 'ol tired of waiting for E*!!!

According to Comcast, it would cost me $2000 to have cable just run down to my home. I live in a subdivision, where 99% of the houses all have cable hookups, and because my house and 4 other houses are back a bit from the main road (approx. 5000 ft.), I (and all my neighbors) have been told that they have to run "hard" cable and a repeater down to the house. Unfortunately, unlike the telephone, cable isn't financed at all by the government, so they don't have to make cable available to everyone. If they determine that it's gonna cost you two grand, then it's two grand 'til the bitter end. I even suggested that if they put a repeater in the middle of our 4 homes (which would fit their distance requirements), but still "no". I really just want Comcast for the internet and OnDemand (Howard TV!).

We're about to finish our basement and remodel a room in the house, so there's a long shot I might be able to convince my wife to throw $2k my way to get cable installed. I see lots of foot massages in my future. :p

I agree but there is a limit on how many problems one company can have, you should at least get your money's worth and I feel this company fails at that, plus they also don't listen to it's customers and charlie is using the excuse he is doing whats best to keep prices down that is total bs my bill has gone up a lot in the past 4 years.

You lump every event into a company's problems. Four years from now, or whenever, when you post about how you are leaving directv, we will be here to offer you wishes for the greatest success. The grass on the other side is always greener right?

Well good luck with Comcrap.. Boy I made a mistake going back to them before when they couldent get the second digital box working because of some billing upgrade and the OnDemand was always down and the crappy Motorola DVR "the 622 rules" sorry comcrap time to go... Good luck to ya you will be back..

Was with "D" for 6 years

I been with dish for awhile waiting for them to add Yes Network and excepted that it would never happen, Then tvone was another I wanted and never seen that happen either but excepted that too. But between all there interactive half ass applications and the cancellation of mlb packages I couldn't take it anymore:mad: , so I just went back to direct tv. The only thing I will miss with Dish is there nice customer service people I never had a hard time with them at all.:) Anyone else thinking about leaving dish after all there botches lately?

:rolleyes: I wonder how they will mess up The new tv guide application there gonna roll out lol.

Never really had a problem with them........but the 622 & 625 are far superior to anything they have. I am here for 18 months & then will probably look at AT&T U serve. By then all the bugs should be worked out.

Seem kinda like Prince Charles leaving Diana for Camilla Parker Bowles. Whatever makes you happy.

With OP I can understand, with Charles its like Yoko Ono leaving John Lennon for Ron Jeremy.

Im on Charter for now but will be going back to E when I move in a few months, I hate cable now thanks to Charters incredibly horrible call center service such as the retention department csr saying " well what do you want me to do?", 6 months and 14 repair calls and three recievers and still the same problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)