Leaving Dish AFTER 4 YEARS

sweetbronxyankee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 26, 2006
I been with dish for awhile waiting for them to add Yes Network and excepted that it would never happen, Then tvone was another I wanted and never seen that happen either but excepted that too. But between all there interactive half ass applications and the cancellation of mlb packages I couldn't take it anymore:mad: , so I just went back to direct tv. The only thing I will miss with Dish is there nice customer service people I never had a hard time with them at all.:) Anyone else thinking about leaving dish after all there botches lately?

:rolleyes: I wonder how they will mess up The new tv guide application there gonna roll out lol.

I been with dish for awhile waiting for them to add Yes Network and excepted that it would never happen, Then tvone was another I wanted and never seen that happen either but excepted that too. But between all there interactive half ass applications and the cancellation of mlb packages I couldn't take it anymore:mad: , so I just went back to direct tv. The only thing I will miss with Dish is there nice customer service people I never had a hard time with them at all.:) Anyone else thinking about leaving dish after all there botches lately?

:rolleyes: I wonder how they will mess up The new tv guide application there gonna roll out lol.

I am but I have to wait until fios is officially rolled out either late june or july of this
year. I am getting a new roof and will not drill any more holes to put my dish up.
Unless some one can tell me if there are any special roof mounts I can put up.
rolou21.

Anyone else thinking about leaving dish after all there botches lately?

Leaving aside for the moment that I am under the 18 month contract...

No these problems are not cause to cancel. Every service like this has their problems big and small. If anyone knows of a TV/Internet/cell provider that has zero problems let me know. People should go for the one that consistantly gives them the best programming.

If people always went for things that had the fewest problems then Microsoft would be dead and buried by now.

Leaving aside for the moment that I am under the 18 month contract...

No these problems are not cause to cancel. Every service like this has their problems big and small. If anyone knows of a TV/Internet/cell provider that has zero problems let me know. People should go for the one that consistantly gives them the best programming.

If people always went for things that had the fewest problems then Microsoft would be dead and buried by now.

I agree but there is a limit on how many problems one company can have, you should at least get your money's worth and I feel this company fails at that, plus they also don't listen to it's customers and charlie is using the excuse he is doing whats best to keep prices down that is total bs my bill has gone up a lot in the past 4 years.

Had a COMCAST engineer pay me a visit a week ago. He came out to survey the lay of my land. He said I'm a little under 200ft from the main drop line, and well within the alloted limit and is going to recommend a free install. They'd have to drop the line, bury it, snake it underneath a portion of black top, then proceed to bury it all the way up to the house.

Now, when and if I get the reply that I'm ok for a FREE install...it's bye-bye E* & hello COMCAST with local networks in HD & NESN HD!!!:hungry:

I'm plain 'ol tired of waiting for E*!!!

That was before their last increase. Might be worth the freight, if you prefer their offerings. But go with open eyes.

What botches? Sounds to me like you have a programming issue. Let me know how green the grass is. ;)

...Anyone else thinking about leaving dish after all there botches lately?...

None of them have affected me, so there is no reason to leave. I still get all the channels I want, they come in clear, and my bill is lower than most of my friends. Leave, hell no! :rolleyes:

What botches? Sounds to me like you have a programming issue. Let me know how green the grass is. ;)

When I mean botches is things like weather channel interactive half a** program and showtime anorexic interactive application and even the dish on demand seems incomplete. They seem to have great application idea's but they don't seem to get applications right.:hatsoff:

P.s: I also count them failing to get a mlb package deal a huge botch.

None of them have affected me, so there is no reason to leave. I still get all the channels I want, they come in clear, and my bill is lower than most of my friends. Leave, hell no! :rolleyes:

Same here, so I have no reason to leave at this time.

Everyone has the right to pick what they want and if you feel cool with E* more power to you, That's the great thing about america we have freedom of choice:)

Everyone has the right to pick what they want and if you feel cool with E* more power to you, That's the great thing about america we have freedom of choice:)

Very true! This is the exact reason I left TWC in the Cincinnati area. Lower pricing, more HD and the 622/211 were the reason I came to E* instead of D*. Sure, E* doesn't have locals in HD yet but D* does, but that's the only benefit of D* for me. Nobody in the area has our single RSN in HD, and I get my locals OTA and sub to the SD locals.

I've been perfectly happy since making the switch.. I hope you end up being happy with your switch, too. :)

Enjoy the HD-Lite and SD-Lite.