Leaving Dish

I just have the Welcome Pack with locals. Total monthly price $67. Throw in Prime and UP and I still cannot watch everything that I like. Good Luck!
Unless you need the locals via Dish, Welcome Pack is not the deal it used to be. Flex is better, if you can OTA the locals or don't need them. Locals really are the big problem with the nickels and dimes. It comes at a premium price, despite only having RSN level programming... ie... once in a while... and lots of infomercials.

I ask this question every so often - If you don't subscribe to locals will you get program guide info for OTA channels?
Generally yes. In NE Ohio, we've lost WOIO's programming guide info on the rec'r. Both with the 722K and most recently the Hopper 3. Maybe there is a programming dispute I'm unaware of.

Most of the sub-channels have no info. But Dish didn't have that anyway, if I remember correctly. If one can get the channels OTA solidly, no reason to pay extra for them.

I ask this question every so often - If you don't subscribe to locals will you get program guide info for OTA channels?
The answer is most of the time. After the ATSC 3.0 shuffle in Birmingham, the OTA program guide for channel 21 CW was lost. Channel 21 is the ATSC 3.0 host. The channel 21 OTA guide was available before the shuffle and it is available on locals from Dish. I have reported this problem to Dish multiple times since last December with no results. It isn't a big problem for me but for my wife...

My FOX is a low power VHF channel and there is several programs that I like on FOX, but they pixelate too much, so I will stick with Dish for locals. I am just 30 miles from the FOX tower too and I have a strong antenna outside and up 30 ft.

Reactions: charlesrshell
hmm that bill is roughly what i pay, if they drop my bill to under 100$ would stay, next call i make is them will either end with then reducing my bill, or leaveing them after 26+ years

hmm that bill is roughly what i pay, if they drop my bill to under 100$ would stay, next call i make is them will either end with then reducing my bill, or leaveing them after 26+ years
I had to really say, multiple times, NO, and I was cancelling, for that additional 1 year $50 credit.
And commit for 2 years.
I wasn't going to commit to any years.

Reactions: charlesrshell
We are leaning toward HBO/Max, have Amazon Prime, and Netflix.
Netflix $20 + Max $16 = $36

If necessary add Discovery Plus @ $7.
That's basically what we have other than HBO. Prime (as it's free if you are a prime subscriber for shipping), SD (lowest version) of Netflix, which I can't tell the difference on a 77" OLED TV, and Discovery +, which to my surprise, has quite a bit of great material.

Reactions: Bearsat
I had to really say, multiple times, NO, and I was cancelling, for that additional 1 year $50 credit.
And commit for 2 years.
I wasn't going to commit to any years.
I have not had commitment if over 5+ years with dish, and for longer then that I been apply 50$ discount to the account every 6~12 months untop of half off starz/dish movie package ever 3~6months with 250 package and 2 h3 and 2 4k joeys just to keep it under $150 till recently where I drop starz just to keep it under $150 and it over $150 again. Every single commit option they told bout would of resulted resulted in paying more according to them.

Normal price is well over $210. I am tired of have to apply discounts at this point. my father has recently told me next I call them they are to lower bill and if not willing to lower it to just cancel them after 25+ years. I barely watch dish and channel i do want i can get streaming for free, or watch them on demand online. and few i do watch that only on the 250 package I will get over. I like I got over not having the CW.

My mother spend more time watch streaming services then watching dish. and my dad is pay for like 6+ streaming. which closing on dish prices Amazon/hulu/netflix/HBO/paramount+/disney/peacock and probably few more i dont know about. dish mostly irreverent at this point it just glorfied DVR that has dvr that arnt even watched.

that 250 package use to be 79.98 it gone up almost 50$ in 5 years, i get prices are going up but dish hemorrhaging customers, and answer seem to be take channels away and charge more. which rather sh!tty thing to imo for long time customers. but hey just my opinion

Reactions: Bearsat