Leaving Dish after 8 MONTHS

There is another thread on another forum where dealers and installers all agreed that the problem with the HDMI was so bad on the 622, they quit hooking up the HDMI and only connected the component cables

I've been hooked to my HDMI since day one and no problems.

This....in my opinion...is the reason why customers should purchase their satellite systems from a local dealer instead of a toll free number. Ive been a dealer for some time now and I dont run into these problems with my customers, because they call me when they have an issue. Granted, they cant call me 24 hrs a day, but they know if they call at 11pm at night, I will return the call by 9am the next morning (even on Sundays). You get the same deal (as far as monthly costs) whether you go through DISH or a local dealer...

I was a a DirecTV customer for nearly 5 years. I switched to Dish because I had purchased a LCD TV, and because of a tree, I could not get HD TV. I figured I would switch to Dish...How different could it be.....

From day one, instalation day, being a customer of Dish Network was terrible.
The day the guy came out to install my Dish he had to use a poll...which was fine. He put it in a bad spot...I asked him to move it, he said he didnt have time and to call an reschedule another tech to come out. I signed the apper work and he left.

I called Dish within 10 Mins., and they told me that because I signed the paper work that they would have to charge me 100 dollars to have a technician come out and move the dish. I argued, they backed down, and another technician came a few days later.

When the technician got there he told me that he "dint dig holes for pole mounted dishes". He said he would be happy to line the dish up, but I would have to dig the hole. I did. To top it off, he didnt have cement. Instead we lugged rock to dump into the hole to lock the pole in place. Luckily he helped me carry the stones.

To top it off, we had a ton of billing issues. My online billing and paper billing NEVER matched. When I called customer service I could NEVER understand them. I mean if you are going to use Indians, at least make sure they can speak english. When I would ask to speak to someone with better English, they would start over and try speaking slower. I never got anywhere.

Today I called DirecTV, and I'm switching back and dropping HD TV. I am paying half of the fee for breaking the service agreement and DirecTV is paying the other half in credits to my bill. When I called Dish Network to tell them I was leaving, they offered me a whopping $25.00 off of my bill for 3 months if I were to stay on as a customer. Ironically, the guy they put me in touch with to retain customers was the firsttime I spoke to someone from the United States.....Too late.

When I left DirecTV, they offered me free HDTV (even though I couldnt get it). Free NFL Sunday ticket, and 2 free months of service if I were to stay...
Unbelievable!..A tech that won't a dig a hole and goes out on the road without concrete!! This guy and the first one are people I would love to see get run out of this business..

That was another issue. The HDMI cable never worked on my HDTV receiver. The sound didnt work. The guy told me "Yea, that happens sometime"....

The whole thing was awfull. So awfull I am paying them so I can leave.

There was software or a firmware issue involving HDMI connections on both the 211 and 622's..That issue has ben resolved.. The fix was to install a set of component cables. This resulted in no video degrdation at all. An HDMI cable is merely a convenience....That is unless you go high end on the HDMI cable.

So how often does DirecTV offer NFL ST as a freebie? Give me NFL ST and MLBEI for free, and I'll switch too!
Never! And don't be fooled by craftily worded promotions that may indicate this....DTV's best promo is the one where they offer 4 months of free DTV platimum(it's called something else now) service if the sub buys the NFL ST. Last year the price was $249 ....

There is a fine line between nit picking everything in life and also having problems due to simply not giving a damn. More often than not E* simply doesnt care it is very frustrating. Installs are often a problem but when your billing does not match up and you cant even have anyone explain it to you then that IS a problem. But hey lets ignore it and let this kind of behavior take over and appear ok. No thanks, thats why I left Dish as well.
E* does not care?..I beg to differ. Based on the number of sewrvice calls I see where all fees to the customer were waived by Dish I would say this is untrue...

This....in my opinion...is the reason why customers should purchase their satellite systems from a local dealer instead of a toll free number. Ive been a dealer for some time now and I dont run into these problems with my customers, because they call me when they have an issue. Granted, they cant call me 24 hrs a day, but they know if they call at 11pm at night, I will return the call by 9am the next morning (even on Sundays). You get the same deal (as far as monthly costs) whether you go through DISH or a local dealer...
Excellent point..I work for a retailer that is also a DNS contractor..I always recommend to my install custs they call us rather than Dish if they have service realted issues.
Retail is much easier to deal with because we give our customers all pertinent deatils on services and billing before they sign up..This way I go to the site, do the work and the demo and I am out of there...I agree, go with a local retailer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)