Leaving dish, what do I need to return?

lwh1993

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
I'm leaving dish and had direct installed today. I received the boxes for the two 722 receivers, and that's all I thought I had to return. The instructions say i need to return the LNB and the switch. Well I have the LNB, but no switch.

Any help would be great.

receiver(s) and LNB

If there is a switch then yes that too but most new installs dont have a switch so just receivers and LNB

If you have a switch, send it. If you don't one, don't worry about it. Send the LNB, receivers and remotes.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Just call them, tell them that the dish is on the roof and you can't get there. They will accept just the receivers....

Just a quick question on this topic. Why do you reckon they want the LNB Back? It was not a problem for me as I talked the Direct installer into taking down Dish's Dish but do they actually use them? Same for the remotes. They do not send used remotes out to people do they? Oddly they say keep the antenna. I see no reason that would not work just fine. Just curios.

AlaJoe said:
Just a quick question on this topic. Why do you reckon they want the LNB Back? It was not a problem for me as I talked the Direct installer into taking down Dish's Dish but do they actually use them? Same for the remotes. They do not send used remotes out to people do they? Oddly they say keep the antenna. I see no reason that would not work just fine. Just curios.

The lnb is reused if they get it, and remotes get rebuilt all the time.

You keep the antennae because it is far more cheaper to use a new one that has not been overly handled than trying to repackage and ship and reinstall a used dish that may be tweaked from all the handling and not provide proper reflection of signal from over handling.

You wouldnot believe how slight a reflector can be tweaked to throw off signal alit.

lwh1993 said:
I'm leaving dish and had direct installed today. I received the boxes for the two 722 receivers, and that's all I thought I had to return. The instructions say i need to return the LNB and the switch. Well I have the LNB, but no switch.

Any help would be great.

Dont forget to send your soul along with the recievers. You did see that in the fine print of your agreement right?

I'll take a couple of those paychecks while ur at it. When ready just pm me and I will send you my address. Thanks in advance. Look forward to hearing from you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)