Leaving "E"

obermi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I hate to do it, but due to my tight budget this year, I'm going to have to leave "E" after 8 years of doing business with them. I have to cut back somewhere and "E" is my best way of cutting down on my expenses. Due to the fact of the "E" increases (Package & HD) this year, it really took a beating on my expenses.

Cox Communications here in Tulsa, added 15 new HD channels this month and I was told by a customer Rep that they are planning on adding 50 more this year and they offered me a great deal (Bundle) with Phone and Internet services together. A savings of over $55.00!

Yes! I know that Cox's receivers do not have as much hard drive space as the VIP622's/VIP722's! And Cox is adding the Caller ID service next month as well. And I don't have to purchase any equipment. I added my third HD TV this week and "E" was going to charge me $549.00 for another HD/DVR Receiver. I'm sorry, but what is "E" doing for us custmers that have several TV's (Cable will work with you on this matter at least).

For about $17.00 more than my "E" bill and my Internet (Cox) and AT&T Phone service bill this month, I'm getting cable (Everything All Channels)+ Internet + Phone (Unlimited LD) with 3 HD/DVR receivers and two regular digital receivers.

Now I'm going to have a little more money to spend on that $3.10 Gas here in Oklahoma!

Last edited:
That's another reason Why I'm leaving"E"! Have been told for over 3 years that local HD channels were coming to Tulsa! None as of today! May be later this year! At least that what I was told today!

That's another reason Why I'm leaving"E"! Have been told for over 3 years that local HD channels were coming to Tulsa! None as of today! May be later this year! At least that what I was told today!

Still doesn't belong here. Probably in the Dish forum or war zone if you are going to D*.

Well, regardless of where you are going, this thread is moving... to Dish Forum. Your topic has nothing to do with Network Programming. :)

So.. why havent you left yet? lol I say just cancel it. If you ever wish to come back I dont see why they would turn you down(unless you were a horrible paying customer)

Dish is a service we use, some see it as a utility. ITS NOT.. its just a service.. you wont die if tv goes out... go to the park, take a walk..

Also dish reps are forced to pretend they care.. but really.. who cares if a customer cancels right? they still got a job as long as they are doing their job right?

If you dont like the service just leave it.. thats basically the point lol Just like a cell comany or internet provider. Reps wont get hurt if you cancel dont worry.

..and yet again the "dish until I die" crowd show their ignorance.

I for one am happy that these users post their experience .. to me it is much more useful than the constant "pro-dish" propaganda that most of you guys spout at every opportunity.

The more people that leave and post about it - the more evidence dish has that their half-assed policy of late is losing them customers hand over fist ...

Bring on the "I'm leaving" posts i say - more, more, more ... maybe eventually Dish will wake up and realize that maybe they should be doing something to help keep these people on-side - as the die-hards cannot pay for all of these new satellites all by themselves.

..and yet again the "dish until I die" crowd show their ignorance.

I for one am happy that these users post their experience .. to me it is much more useful than the constant "pro-dish" propaganda that most of you guys spout at every opportunity.

The more people that leave and post about it - the more evidence dish has that their half-assed policy of late is losing them customers hand over fist ...

Bring on the "I'm leaving" posts i say - more, more, more ... maybe eventually Dish will wake up and realize that maybe they should be doing something to help keep these people on-side - as the die-hards cannot pay for all of these new satellites all by themselves.

I agree!

maybe eventually Dish will wake up and realize that maybe they should be doing something to help keep these people on-side - as the die-hards cannot pay for all of these new satellites all by themselves.

That's pretty much what the 29.99 HD package is for. Honestly I'm a big fan of Dish because the 622 is the best STB I've ever used. That didn't stop me from downgrading to HD only and getting Uverse to supplement while not raising my monthy bill. It's a solution that worked for my situation.Too many people here try to paint things as Black or White when really it's all shades of grey. There is no perfect provider so until there is everyone is entitled to make their own choices without being labelled a fanboy or whatever.

One would think that the pom-pom cheerleaders would at least by now start to get a little tired. The Energizer bunny has nothing on some of these guys !

I hate to do it, but due to my tight budget this year, I'm going to have to leave "E" after 8 years of doing business with them. I have to cut back somewhere and "E" is my best way of cutting down on my expenses. Due to the fact of the "E" increases (Package & HD) this year, it really took a beating on my expenses.

Cox Communications here in Tulsa, added 15 new HD channels this month and I was told by a customer Rep that they are planning on adding 50 more this year and they offered me a great deal (Bundle) with Phone and Internet services together. A savings of over $55.00!

Yes! I know that Cox's receivers do not have as much hard drive space as the VIP622's/VIP722's! And Cox is adding the Caller ID service next month as well. And I don't have to purchase any equipment. I added my third HD TV this week and "E" was going to charge me $549.00 for another HD/DVR Receiver. I'm sorry, but what is "E" doing for us custmers that have several TV's (Cable will work with you on this matter at least).

For about $17.00 more than my "E" bill and my Internet (Cox) and AT&T Phone service bill this month, I'm getting cable (Everything All Channels)+ Internet + Phone (Unlimited LD) with 3 HD/DVR receivers and two regular digital receivers.

Now I'm going to have a little more money to spend on that $3.10 Gas here in Oklahoma!

You contradict yourself pretty good here by saying your expenses took a beating yet your going to be spending more a month plus you bought new hd set so are you tryin to save money or blowing smoke at us? See I dont see that as a way to save on your budget when your paying more and your buying a new hd tv set. :rolleyes:

yea, that is pretty funny that he says he can't afford dish but can afford everything through Cox.....granted he's getting Phone, Internet, and TV from them so it might be a better deal.

Yeah I've had to cut down on my budget to so Im being forced to only buy 1 new HDTV and receiver so instead of 8 HDTVs total I can only have 7. Darn budget cuts. Is this guy for real?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts