Leaving "E"

In my instance I switched from Charter on a three item bundle to bellsouth on a three item bundle going from $177 a month down to $118 a month and I'm getting 80+ hd channels as compared to none plus 150 channels plus locals and locals in hd and thats a savings not a loss.

Cox in Tulsa is getting ready to go SDV so they will have the room, I just can't stomach their lousy equipment. They do have an all inclusive bundle for 99.00 that gets a lot of people.

Buy an FTA system and learn some new languages. Cut your internet back to dialup, cut your phone down to just a dial tone. That's how you save money, not by buying the latest HD television and jacking your bill up another $17.

Also dish reps are forced to pretend they care.. but really.. who cares if a customer cancels right? they still got a job as long as they are doing their job right?

I don't think that's true. Wouldn't the retention department reps get bonused on how many customers they are able to keep?

Thats not saving money, thats torturing ones self.:eek:

There was a time when the internet didn't exist. Now it is something we all must have so much that we are willing to pay $60 a month for it. I know, I know, I am one of them. Fortunately, it's a business write-off for me.

Thank god Im only paying $30 a month, I wish I had kept my starband system that I had from beta testing. The company only charged me once and never again but I was tired of the speeds slowing down to a crawl.

Gas at 3.10??? I'll take it. Went to $3.79 tonight! Of course my sat TV is FTA/ Glorystar and paid for -- once.. Winegard Batwing picks up 4 locals OTA if you call 70 miles local and dial up internet is all I can get, but it is 49K and only $20 / month. Power would be $18,000 to hook up so I have 3 generators ---- And the best part is my closest neighbor is 1/2 mile away! I seldom even hear her dog bark! Oh yeah - dish would not hook me up because I have inverter / generator power and could not supply a phone line to the receiver!

Please Note: That my roommate purchased this HD TV. Currently, I'm am paying AT&T around $60.00 a month for Telephone, Cox Communications $45.00 for Internet and Dish Network $150.00 (2 - 622's). So with the bundle deal at Cox Communications I'll will be paying $190.00 a month for all three services. $55.00 least than what I'm am paying now. And that includes 4 HD/DVR's/w no extra cost for HD/DVR service. And that includes tax! And I don't have to purchase a third HD/DVR Receiver for $549.00 from Dish.

I've been trying to remain neutral on all these "I'm Leaving" posts, but here's my take:

If enough people leave because we don't have the "Paint drying in HD" channel & return all their MPEG4 units, Dish will have enough to upgrade all the MPEG2 units for free to the content ones, thus launching the all MPEG4 system before the new satellites are launched, freeing up bandwidth for anything & everything :)

I'm sorry.. but for someone who's trying to cut back and having financial trouble forking out $200 a month on what amounts to entertainment seems a bit extravagant. I know, I shouldn't judge, but do you really need the top tier programming package? I pay dish between 40 and 50 a month and I think that's alot. My phone is 25 monthly and internet is 35. I use calling cards for LD calling. I see "saving money" as a very poor reason for your switch. If you want to leave.. that's fine.. but "cutting back" to 200 a month is just silly talk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts