Legacy 118.7 options sought

karthiks

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
Southeast Pennsylvania
Hello all. I'm a legacy dish network subscriber (as in legacy lnb's, switches, and receivers) looking for thoughts and guidance aside from the forced dishpro upgrade.

I've got multiple 4700 (4900 upgraded) units and a legacy SW42 driving an older Dish500 to the 110 and 119 slots.

I've followed the internationals off 61.5 to 121. I've resisted the DP upgrade by using a homemade Primestar dish with an Eagle Aspen P270KU LNB (good unit with C-120 feedhorn interface) on the SW42 3rd sat position.

Now the problem. The programming I'd like has gone off to 118.7. Am now in search of a good FSS circular LNB to refit and repoint the old Primestar dish. I like the old Primestar dish as it does give a good solid signal with no rain fade and the Channelmaster is put together fairly well.

I've come across the following LNB's that hold promise, though not found any C-120 flanged units.

1. Eagle Aspen DTVGD (dual)
2. CB2008 (dual)
3. ROC CSS118
3. Microyal FTA-118 (dual)

I've heard the Invacom Qpf031 would work.

Curious if anyone tried any of the above or found a good adapter for the Primestar to take the 40mm throat of the newer LNBs below.

Good lord..... Just upgrade or start fresh with DPP. Why go through this trouble with old outdated products.. You will be much happier.

Slight adjustment of dish to the east ~1.2 degrees, insert piece of plastic at 45 degree angle in LNBF throat. (Smith's method paraphrased). Run check switch (will a 4900 even recognize 118?).

Good lord..... Just upgrade or start fresh with DPP. Why go through this trouble with old outdated products.. You will be much happier.
Amen!!! I just cannot factor why it is that certain people always have to do things the most difficult way they can dream of.

Amen!!! I just cannot factor why it is that certain people always have to do things the most difficult way they can dream of.
Perhaps he doesn't want to spend the money to upgrade everything, or maybe doesn't want to sign on for a commitment. Not our concern.

It can be done, he came to the right place to find out how. Chill dude!

Perhaps he doesn't want to spend the money to upgrade everything, or maybe doesn't want to sign on for a commitment. Not our concern.

It can be done, he came to the right place to find out how. Chill dude!
Dude?....Please.....Commitment? Stop the nonsense. He can find all kinds of stuff real cheap on the web. Assemnble his system wiht updated equipment for relatively little money.

What does "chill " mean ?..in the context you used the word....
And since when did you become the "post police"?

If I am the "post police" it is only because the "berate anyone who asks a question we think is trivial or obtuse" crowd have invaded the neighborhood and are randomly accosting people who ask questions. I refuse to stand by and ignore it, whilst our favorite place to get useful satellite information gets a reputation of being a place where innocent queries are met with abuse. This seems to be a growing trend lately, lots of people all bent out of shape over who knows what, taking out their frustrations on people.

I used "chill" in the context of "lay off" and "dude" meaning "you."

One more possible "why"... maybe the guy is an experimenter and wants to see what can be done. And yes, some people (myself included) like new challenges and the satisfaction of doing something others might not attempt. Smith and I have actually done it and along with Iceberg are happy to share our knowledge. The others have no useful input except to insist it should be done the "supported" way and any other way of thinking about it is somehow inferior.

Where the original poster is in technical knowledge, I was once. I'm glad people were more polite back then.

Last edited:
dont need to. See my post above yours :)
The 000 units along with 7100 & 7200 dont work with 105, 121 or 129
OK, you got it half right - x000 support 61.5/148/119/110 and 129 !
7x00 support 61.5/110/119/148.
Unfortunately for OP - no 118.75W acceptance for the models include 4900.
4900 support 61.5/148/119/110/105 and 121, plus 82/91.

Now a quest for big boy - Iceberg: what sats supporting by 6000 latest FW 8.56P?!

61.5/148/119/110/105/121/129 and 118

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)