Legacy dish and new 322 receiver

medney

Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
I don't believe I asked this question clearly yesterday, so I am going to try again. I have upgraded all my Dish Network equipment to the latest technology included HD. I still have a legacy dish 500 on a tripod that I use with my RV. I would like to continue to use this dish with my new 322 receiver and need to know the correct setup. The dish is a dish 500 with 2 dual lnb's, one wire ran from the 110 and one wire ran from the 119 into a sw21 switch. Can I run the single wire from the sw21 to the sat 1 input on the 322 and it work or do I need to use a seperator, diplexer, or something else. I only need to use one tuner out of the 322 because I only have one tv in my RV.

My dish has 2 of these!

Dual tuners need the two tuners connected, you can't just have one tuner connected. Like I told you yesterday, you need two cable runs or get a DPP Twin and use the separator.

Another option is if you only want 119 or just 110, run the two cables from one of the DP Dual lnbs to the receiver.

Hope that helps.

you need both feeds connected on the 322, some people say it works, but in my experience... it works for a very short time if at all, it will start throwing out error messages

you either need a second sw21 switch, and an additional cable run in to the receiver, or the easier route, a DPP Twin and seperator

It will somewhat work but it will constantly ask you to run check switches. Your best bet is to just buy a DPP twin and swap it into your dish 500. This way you can run a single cable and get both tuners. Less than $20 off of ebay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)