Legacy dish LNB with DP switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

katellite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Is this combination possible? I have several old dish LNBs, from 2 yrs ago, but they don't seem to work with the DP 34. Is there any way I can make the old dish LNBs work?

However the old LNBs do work independent of the switch, so I know they are functional

webbydude said:
You can NOT use Legacy LNBs with DP or DPP switches or LNBs. The only thing that's Legacy that will work with DPP is the receivers. And that's only in special circumstances

technoguy said:
Read your equipment manual, you can not mix legacy brand with DP.:rolleyes:

BobaBird said:
What they said. More information at DishPro Technology on the EKB.

Yea, I read the intro to dish pro here after posting this thread. I've confirmed yes that the legacy dish LNBs I have work with my Dish Pro receivers without the intervening switch. I don't find much use of it though--it looks like I can only connect one orbital location.
:wave

What about the legacy Dish 500 twin lnbfs? Wouldn't those carry both 110 and 119 to the dish pro receivers (I have to test this..) I know it can carry at least one satellite,because I tried it. But after reading this and seeing this it seems the case..

DISH designed the receivers to be backward compatible with Legacy systems, but the systems have to be pure Legacy or Pure DISH PRO no mixing of switches and LNBs. If you want to do 2 or 3 satellites to more than 2 tuners with Legacy you use a SW-64 switch if less than 3 tuners you can use combinations of Twins and SW-21 switches.

I got a SuperDish earlier this year that has everything DishPro on it except for the 119 lnbf which was legacy. Someone obviously snuck that one on there when they done an install for someone. I thought I had read where if you put a legacy lnbf with a DishPro one then it would only read off the odd transponders from that lnbf or something like that.

So a DISH PRO PLUS TWIN LNBF with a Legacy Dual LNBF (for 61.5) will not work?:confused:

Last edited:
DVR625 said:
So a DISH PRO PLUS TWIN LNBF with a Legacy Dual LNBF (for 61.5) will not work?:confused:

repeat after me :)

you CAN NOT mix Legacy and DishPro LNB's/switches

never have been able to
never will be able to

Iceberg said:
repeat after me :)

you CAN NOT mix Legacy and DishPro LNB's/switches

never have been able to
never will be able to
The only reason I asked was because under QuickFacts:
Backward compatible with Dish Network legacy receivers (non-Dish Pro or non Dish Plus receivers) - no Dish Pro Adapter is needed, therefore reducing installations costs.
So I didn't know if there was something different with PLUS.
Thank you.

You can hook a Legacy receiver to a DPPTwin or a DPP44 without an adapter and it will work (as long as there is one DP reciever in the setup)

But the LNB's you cannot mix

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)