Legacy LNB for 722/129?

s010804

Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
Padre Island
I am adding a dish for 129, wondering if the newest update for the 722 will allow me to use an Legacy dual LNB?

Last edited:
I have a 622 and use legacy LNBs and a SW64 switch. I get 119, 110 great but because of a partial line of sight problem I get a very weak signal from 61.5 (using a side dish). Back in March, I tried to change to 129 but even with a great signal the 622 would not get the odd transponders (or even - I don't remember which) and the check switch would fail.

There were a number of threads in the Spring about the firmware problem with the 622 and the 722 that kept them from using a legacy LNB with 129. Not long ago it was posted that the problem was solved for the single tuner VIP receivers but not yet for the dual tuner VIP receivers.

I don't want to swing around the dish and try 129 because it took forever to peak out the 61.5 dish when I tried it in March. And I don't want to go to the expense of upgrading to a DishPro switch and LNBs. Plus, I don't like to get on my roof unless I have to. So if anyone can tell me the current status for a dual tuner VIP receiver and legacy LNBs now that L622 is out, I would sure appreciate it.

Well, you should use all legacy LNBFs and LEGACY switch. Do you ?
I am currently using 2 dishes with legacy dual lnbf's,on 119 & 110 on a switch 64, I am adding a 3rd dish for 129, and had heard that Legacy lnbf's were not usable with the earlier 722 software on Ciel2. I am trying to determine if a legacy lnbf now works on 129/722? I would like to avoid the expense of 3 new lnbf's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)