Legend of the Seeker on WGN HD-No HD

Bubba_Army

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Mercer Co. Pennsylvania
I set my DVR to record the new Legend of the Seeker on Saturday. The program guide listed it as HD and I recorded it on WGN HD on channel 239 but the show was not in HD. (I have a ViP622). What's up with that?? :confused:

Ask WGN. Aside from some games, WGN shows hardly anything in true HD.

Its also available on some local CW(?) stations. The website for the show apparently has little ideas what channels actually carry it (it showed none in my area, and I think I've now seen it listed in the guide on 2 locals)

It's on in HD on WGN usually. I don't watch it, but I checked out the first two or three episodes just to see how it look on there. Maybe it's first run in HD only, kind of like Toon and the Clone Wars.

A local station KASW also airs this show and between the two one is usually in HD. The local has a better picture and has been HD for the past few weeks.

Last edited:
It's on in HD on WGN usually. I don't watch it, but I checked out the first two or three episodes just to see how it look on there. Maybe it's first run in HD only, kind of like Toon and the Clone Wars.
i put on 2 different new episodes on wgn and they both were sd even though the guide info showed hd. Probably the station is messing up. sd/hd Mess up's are usually worse on weekends. I guess there is less staff.

I was particularly irked last Saturday when I tuned in early to watch the new episode. They re-run the previous episode right before the new one. This time, the old episode, which had been in SD the week before, was in HD now! But yet the new episode was SD.

The prior two weeks, I've also had a terrible lip sync problem on this show. Last Saturday it wasn't perfect, but it was a lot better than before.

I just discovered(and got hooked) the show on Hulu and watched all the past episodes. I found the only other channel it is on in my area is the CW at 10PM (which is not in HD) and at 5PM on WGN. I too had audio video sync problems.

Hmm, every time I have seen it or recorded it on WGN it is in HD. However it does air a number of times, so perhaps it was your time of recording. I believe the 8PM (CST) showing on Saturdays (premier episode?), I think, has always been in HD. Now why in the world WGN would air it in SD at times is beyond me, but WGN is a bit freaky.

Corner Gas is also not being shown in proper HD

I set my DVR to record the new Legend of the Seeker on Saturday. The program guide listed it as HD and I recorded it on WGN HD on channel 239 but the show was not in HD. (I have a ViP622). What's up with that?? :confused:
I usually only watch WGN to catch "Corner Gas" (which now WGN has changed schedule on to only playing once a week in a block,instead of nightly)
When I went to watch in on my DVR last night it was a shrunken very poor quality video,in no way was that HD.I happen to have the same exact episode saved on my DVR that was in HD(I saved it)I was able to compare.I think WGN is not playing a show in HD once it has been aired a few times in HD.It makes me mad as I didnt purchase a 700 HDTV to watch SD.
I am sure if WGN keeps this up "Dishnetwork " may consider it a violation of contract and end up dropping them,or just going back to SD only channel.
WGN what a disapointment.

Hmm, every time I have seen it or recorded it on WGN it is in HD. However it does air a number of times, so perhaps it was your time of recording. I believe the 8PM (CST) showing on Saturdays (premier episode?), I think, has always been in HD. Now why in the world WGN would air it in SD at times is beyond me, but WGN is a bit freaky.

New episodes are at 4pm CST on Saturdays. The repeats are at 2am CST on Monday mornings.

I have this show in SD on local CW channel, and also found it in the guide on WGN late night on Sat (?) and DVR'd that. It was in HD, but not sure I've EVER seen worse lip-sync.. it was like watching a badly dubbed kung-fu movie :) Is it always that bad on WGN?

(in general I have never noticed any other lipsync issues on any other DVR'd material)

I only record it off of WGN and have not noticed any lip sync issues, but I am 2 weeks behind also, so if it was a recent occurrence I may have it and don't know it yet.

I had terrible lip-sync issues with it on WGN for the three weeks that it wasn't in HD last month. Last week when it was back in HD, the lip-sync was fine. The HD was so grainy that it might as well have been SD though, until after the last commercial break. Then it was decent again. I don't think the producers were going for an intentionally grainy look, because I've seen it look better before, I think the bit-rate was just horrible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)