Lenovo 900 thread.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
First thing I do with a Windows 10 install is disable the internal NIC and wifi before the process.
Eliminates the stupid Microsoft Account thing all together.
Then when the OS is installed and you reboot for the first time, jump into UEFI (or bios) and turn networking back on. But hey, if you like that sort of thing....

I just received a call from "James Wilson" from Microsoft Security.
I asked him if he had was watching the news because a group of F16's just left Pakistan heading for India to bomb the hell out of them.
*Click*

Reactions: TRG
No need for that they already have my account info with my old phone number. No problems at all setting up multiple PC's on the same account.

TRG, hello from the new 900 with manjaro! Do you have a link to Update DVB by Ray? I lost it and can not get into Rick's to get it again. Guess I could email him, but hate to bother him, think it is on the cloud now instead of Git hub.Should mention Ray is Dark Sky.

Well my main computer may have bit the dust. Luckily I had a good backup and my Lenovo M900 to fall back on. A few weeks ago I installed a 970 EVO Plus NVMe that I bought a while back. It's setup as dual boot with Windows 10 and Linux Mint 20.02.

Comptech, did you remove the SSD after installing the NVMe? I left mine out but I'm thinking about re-installing it and using it as local storage. If I format it as NTFS both Windows and Linux would be able to see and utilize the space. Having a shared 256Gb storage drive might come in handy.

Thanks again for turning me on to the Lenovo M900. It's an amazingly powerful computer in a tiny box.

TRG, one I left the ssd in the other just a M2. Did not seem to make any difference in temps, so will more than likely put the SSD back in the the other one also.

Pretty sure between me and ETA Prime on you tube we ruined the market on these. Prices have gone up a bunch, but a couple low ball offers on ebay tonight for some 8th Gen I7's tonight.

Well best offer came true, a little barganing and a few back and forths, got a I7 lenovo 910q with a I7 8800 foe $260 bucks, wanted $300 with no hard drive or power supply. I happen to have a spare 1 Tb M2 drive and a power supply for it. It has 16 gigs of memory , I will have two I5s with 16 megs of memory and M2 drives on ebay very soon, first offers here.

Scott, delete this if out of the rules. I am selling two of my Lenovo 900's, both have benn upgraded to 16 gigs of memory and M2 drives and still have ssd's for backup. Both have wireless and bluetooth. Asking $225 each first come first serve. One is a 6th gen, the other a 5th gen, they both are fast. PM me if interested.

I am slowing down in my old age. I am typing this on a ryzen 9 with twin 1 TB gen 4 m2 drives, 32 gigs of memory and a GTX2060 video card, love the tiny's better, have never played a game on the big machine.