Lesbian kiss on family package?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jonsnow

Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Why is lesbianism now ok in the family package? I was flipping through the channels when I came across colours tv where a bunch of thong-clad babes dancing around. then two women started kissing. I am not making this up folks.

"Though not a member of any family package, just locals, I'm being black outed from all free previews due some clause in the family package contract, which I regard as unwanted censorship at the very least."

jonsnow said:
Why is lesbianism now ok in the family package? I was flipping through the channels when I came across colours tv where a bunch of thong-clad babes dancing around. then two women started kissing. I am not making this up folks.

"Though not a member of any family package, just locals, I'm being black outed from all free previews due some clause in the family package contract, which I regard as unwanted censorship at the very least."

You can't expect E* to control the content of the channels. BTW... you'll find lesbian/gay kisses on the networks and even in clear view outside around town. ;)

Have you thought about SkyAngel?

Colours is a Public Access channel. I believe you must request those if you are in the family package. As everyone knows or should know those channels do not always follow the guidelines of "family" tv.

Yes, Colours is a Public Interest Channel and this one of the reasons that they are not automatically included in the "Family Pack". You or someone in your household must have been subscribing to an at pack or requested the PICs at the time the family pack was turned on.

And to: truckracer, Thanks for your opinion. However, if you don't have any to add to the conversation please keep your personal opinions to yourself.

Can anyone say "Parental Block"? Dish receivers have "Parental Block" that you can use to block programs by rating and channel.

Use it!

jonsnow said:

WOW! What channel is colours and what time is this program on? They got a new viewer.:D

Cleaned up all the off topic stuff. The OP asked a simple question and it seems like some of you feel the need to put your religious/persoanl beliefs in the thread that had nothing to do with the question

now...lets get back on topic now, shall we :)

Actually I just checked Dish's site and the 3 channels that Dish considers PI and part of DishFamily are

BYUTV
Colours
RFDTV

Family Pack Listing

I highly suggest using the Channel Blocks if you feel it is inappropriate

Parental Block can always be used to block channels one doesn't like or need, for whatever reason, for kid or adult benefit; hence, I have all the shopping and non-English channels blocked.

tv programming

I am a bit disappointed in the moderators of this forum for deleting my previous post expressing my dislike for homosexuality on tv or anywhere else for that matter.

I did not use any profane language. This is a related topic (see beginning of thread).

Just like the rest of the world...... If you open your mouth that you are a Christian or anit-gay your mouth is quickly shut by the pro-anything that is just plain wrong people.

I just lost a ton of respect for the moderators of this board.

That was my last post on this site.

MODERATORS: RE-THINK YOUR MORALS AND TAKE OUT MY USERNAME AND PASSWORD PLEASE! I DO NOT WANT TO BE A MEMBER OF A BOARD THAT DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO EXPRESS MY VIEWS!

THANK YOU, TRUCKER

trucker you can get mad all you want. The thread turned into a "PIT" thread as we put it (the PIT is a place here where threads ahve political or religious beliefs and can get heated) so instead of deleting some of it, I deleted all of it that wasn't on topic.

The OP had his question answered (Colours is part of the Family Pack but you can block out channels). We dont need to turn this into a political/religious thread :)

truckracer said:
I did not use any profane language.
correct

This is a related topic (see beginning of thread).
not really. The OP asked why this was on the Family Pack and you decided to start a "morals" responce.

get in line. The people who steal don't like me either.

well if you feel that me cleaning up ALOT of this threads makes you leave, then fine. Nobody stopping you.

MODERATORS: RE-THINK YOUR MORALS AND TAKE OUT MY USERNAME AND PASSWORD PLEASE! I DO NOT WANT TO BE A MEMBER OF A BOARD THAT DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO EXPRESS MY VIEWS!
I don't have to. We make the best decision for the board. Somebody would have "reported" the posts anyways so instead of deleting the whole thread, I deleted the political parts. The OP's question is still there and the responce given that the channel is part of the Family Pack and you can block out channels.

truckracer said:
I am a bit disappointed in the moderators of this forum for deleting my previous post expressing my dislike for homosexuality on tv or anywhere else for that matter.

I did not use any profane language. This is a related topic (see beginning of thread).

Just like the rest of the world...... If you open your mouth that you are a Christian or anit-gay your mouth is quickly shut by the pro-anything that is just plain wrong people.

THANK YOU, TRUCKER

LOL, you are put out about gayness, but you have a pic of two chicks in a pretty sexual embrace as your picture! Nothing gay about that. Oh wait, I bet you only me gay guys, cause everyone know two girls together doesn't have anything to do with gayness, just sexy as hell, right trucker??? :shocked It's not the mods that I just lost respect for, not that after reading your "deleted" post I had any for you anyway!!! And as far as you leaving, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya! :river

Good job Iceberg!

I appreciate your moderating and keeping things on topic. I suspect I disagree politically with many members, but the purpose of this board is not political/ideological/religious debate, but satellite tv! And that's why this is the best site there is for info on satellite tv!

Cheers,

Mike

Slamminc11 said:
LOL, you are put out about gayness, but you have a pic of two chicks in a pretty sexual embrace as your picture! Nothing gay about that.

Yeah I completely agree... was so surprised by that pic, especially for someone that has "issues" with that topic.

Either way... THANKS ICEBURG!!!! I think your actions were appropriate!!! not that you need my approval... just wanted to let you know I agree!!

It's too bad there isn't an option to block the commericals Dish inserts (hot-sexy PPV; all the WWF/Ultimate Fighting Cage Match PPV; the "Girls Gone Wild/Guys Gone Wild"; the "Bob" Enzyte adds, etc.). But then, most commericals are not "Family-Friendly" in the first place...

Foxbat said:
It's too bad there isn't an option to block the commericals Dish inserts..But then, most commericals are not "Family-Friendly" in the first place...

I just wish Dish wouldn't make them so damn loud! :)

Iceberg said:
I just wish Dish wouldn't make them so damn loud! :)

WHAT?? sorry Iceberg, I was trying to read what you wrote, but there was a Dish commercial on tv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.