Let Dish know we want Fox Soccer plus !!!

I hate to tell you, but "Fox Soccer Plus " is Fox Soccer Channel in HD.

They could not get cable and satellite providers to add FSC in HD (just like BBC America could not either).

So, they created a premium HD channel with exclusive content, in order to allow providers to charge more money for it. That was how they are getting an HD channel.

PS FS Plus is different content, different games, and so you will need both to get all the matches.

And by the way, there are reports that February 28th is the last day of operation of Setanta USA...

Not true. On one hand we have the existing FSC and forthcoming FSC HD. On the other hand we have Fox Soccer Plus, which is the new incarnation of Setanta, and will also be available in HD.

All you are doing is repeating the garbled speculation that is passed around.

FSC HD was supposed to start January 1st.

Like BBC America HD, no cable or satellite provider was interested in adding it.

So, Fox decided to yank their EPL and Champions League rights from Setanta due to non-payment, and will be using those extra games to create FSC Plus in HD, and thus providers will be able to charge extra money.

That is the only way that Fox can get a new HD channel to be carried.

FSC will not be available in HD any time soon, and Fox Soccer Plus will likely not be available in SD any time soon, if ever.

If FS+ is not available in SD...then it will lose a big installed base on which ever carrier they r on.

I hope if Dish add it...it adds both SD & HD version.

All you are doing is repeating the garbled speculation that is passed around.

FSC HD was supposed to start January 1st.

Like BBC America HD, no cable or satellite provider was interested in adding it.

So, Fox decided to yank their EPL and Champions League rights from Setanta due to non-payment, and will be using those extra games to create FSC Plus in HD, and thus providers will be able to charge extra money.

That is the only way that Fox can get a new HD channel to be carried.

FSC will not be available in HD any time soon, and Fox Soccer Plus will likely not be available in SD any time soon, if ever.

I'm not sure where you're getting that, because FSC HD is apparently live on some cable systems. Setanta is ceasing service on 2/28 (Setanta Sports US Service to End February 28, Reports Say | EPL Talk), FSC Plus lights up on 3/1 (http://www.epltalk.com/fox-soccer-plus-scheduled-to-launch-march-1-2010/14760). Seems pretty obvious what's happening to me.

I'm not sure where you're getting that, because FSC HD is apparently live on some cable systems. Setanta is ceasing service on 2/28 (Setanta Sports US Service to End February 28, Reports Say | EPL Talk), FSC Plus lights up on 3/1 (http://www.epltalk.com/fox-soccer-plus-scheduled-to-launch-march-1-2010/14760). Seems pretty obvious what's happening to me.

None of that contradicts anything I said.

The games that would have been on Setanta will be back of Fox. Fox will then distribute games - some to FSC, some to FSC Plus, based on whether or not they are available in HD (all those go to Plus), and then distribute the remainder between the two channels according to their marketing scheme.

Read the press release by Fox.

PS The "FSC HD is apparently live on same cable systems" is again, just people repeating the same rumors. No one has seen one minute of FSC-HD on their TV.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)