Lets go ahead and get the ball rolling here...

peallen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2003
ESPNU

Associated Press
ESPN will launch a new multimedia college sports initiative in March 2005 that includes a new 24-hour television network and content from ESPN.com and ESPN The Magazine.

ESPNU will also include information from ESPN Radio, ESPN Mobile (wireless) and ESPN Broadband, George Bodenheimer, the president of ESPN and ABC Sports, said in making the announcement Tuesday.

Tuesday was also the 25th anniversary of the launch of ESPN.

"The college sports fan and ESPN have built a passionate bond that's 25 years strong," Bodenheimer said. "ESPNU will offer a broad variety of ESPN-branded college product across all of our entities, which will enhance our relationship with fans and colleges, and provide value to our affiliates and advertisers."

The highest-profile facet of the new initiative will be the ESPNU television network, which will carry approximately 300 games live -- primarily Division I football and men's and women's basketball -- in the first year. The network will also cover baseball, softball, volleyball, lacrosse, hockey, wrestling, spring football and select high school football games.

It will also carry regular-season and NCAA championships, along with replays of games on ESPN, ESPN2, ABC and the company's regional networks.

Also Tuesday, ESPN announced that ESPN2 HD, the company's second high-definition service, will launch in January.

peallen said:
Also Tuesday, ESPN announced that ESPN2 HD, the company's second high-definition service, will launch in January.

Oh great. Another HD channel with minimal HD content. :no

NightRyder

It may launch with minimal content but I've been pleasantly surprised at their commitment to HD over the past several months. They have a digital broadcast center and are feverishly looking for more trucks as we speak. I have no problems with ESPN other than Circle Surround!

trafter said:
I have no problems with ESPN other than Circle Surround!

Yea, I hate that format. ABC started doing it last year for football and the hockey playoffs as well. They must have some deal or something.

I'm still fuming that the Tennessee game that was going to be on ESPNHD was just upconverted :mad:

Sadly that has been my experience with ESPNHD. Just about anything I care about seeing is upconverted.

So, Now they think there might be more then one thing at once they want to broadcast in HD? :rolleyes: I doubt this will be much more then an upconverted feed of ESPN2.

I want true HD, all the time, on every channel, HURRY UP! :D

OdiOdin said:
I'm still fuming that the Tennessee game that was going to be on ESPNHD was just upconverted :mad:

Who really wants to see that awful orange in HD? YUCK!!!!!!!!! :p :p

Is it just me or does ESPN have enough damn channels already?

ESPN
ESPN2
ESPN2 ALT
ESPN ALT
ESPN ALT2
ESPNEWS
ESPNHD
ESPN Classic

WTF! I'm surprised we don't have coverage of Western Albanian Regional Hackey Sack Trials, what the hell else is out there to be covered that needs a 24 hour channel? Can't they fit all of that other ESPN Crap into the channels they aready have?

Maybe they should cut back the 6 hours of Sportscenter they have on loop every morning.

WTF! I'm surprised we don't have coverage of Western Albanian Regional Hackey Sack Trials, what the hell else is out there to be covered that needs a 24 hour channel? Can't they fit all of that other ESPN Crap into the channels they aready have?

Lol good one

bcshields said:
Is it just me or does ESPN have enough damn channels already?

ESPN
ESPN2
ESPN2 ALT
ESPN ALT
ESPN ALT2
ESPNEWS
ESPNHD
ESPN Classic

WTF! I'm surprised we don't have coverage of Western Albanian Regional Hackey Sack Trials,

2nded. Sports channels seem to be all Echostar give a damn about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts