Lets hope this engine is legit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the fact he is an official entrant in the X-prize may hold some validity to his claims; good luck to him. If it becomes reality; I will be 1st in line.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 235
A jet that can fly faster then the speed of sound? your nuts! A plane big enough to carry tanks around? you got to be nuts. A boat big enough for jets to land on? your nuts.... A computer in every home? your nuts.

"No one will need more than 640 kb of memory for a personal computer" Bill Gates

the fellow in charge of the patent office tried closing it a 100 years ago, claiming everything has now been invented.

obviously he wasnt a big government type of person.....

A jet that can fly faster then the speed of sound? your nuts! A plane big enough to carry tanks around? you got to be nuts. A boat big enough for jets to land on? your nuts.... A computer in every home? your nuts.

"No one will need more than 640 kb of memory for a personal computer" Bill Gates
And who was saying "you're nuts?" It certainly wasn't the engineers - they were busy building aircraft carriers, cargo planes, the X-1 and microprocessors. I don't recall any of them being built by a couple of good 'ol boys in their garage.

Mario

pc didn't catch on till the software (ms-dos & apple's mac) came out.. mac's first few pc's were wooden boxes.. ah the days..

needless to say they didn't invent the pc concept, but from their garages they made it a house hold name.. this guy may have something.. even if it were half what he was saying it's still impressive..

i know some of my wacky friends have started splitting up water into some hydrogen & oxygen and directly porting it into their engines.. they've seen modest improvements of 5-10 mpg so you never know..

pc didn't catch on till the software (ms-dos & apple's mac) came out.. mac's first few pc's were wooden boxes.. ah the days..

needless to say they didn't invent the pc concept, but from their garages they made it a house hold name.. this guy may have something.. even if it were half what he was saying it's still impressive..

i know some of my wacky friends have started splitting up water into some hydrogen & oxygen and directly porting it into their engines.. they've seen modest improvements of 5-10 mpg so you never know..

PC computer hardware progress for at least 30 years has been mainly a CMOS engineering problem. This "engine" would be like the discovery of the bipolar transistor or basic IC chip process that you win a Nobel prize for.

Bipolar junction transistor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jack Kilby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CMOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the personal computer was built in a garage...

If you were responding to me please note that I said microprocessor, not personal computer. The microprocessor was not built in someone's garage and is required for all of today's personal computers to function.

Mario

Sadly, the patent office will likely issue him some patents, regardless of any technical merits. He'll then get funding from some rubes and "develop it further" for a while. Then when it fails to perform, it'll quietly go away and then the conspiracy guys will claim "big oil" suppressed it. :rolleyes:

Sadly, the patent office will likely issue him some patents, regardless of any technical merits. He'll then get funding from some rubes and "develop it further" for a while. Then when it fails to perform, it'll quietly go away and then the conspiracy guys will claim "big oil" suppressed it. :rolleyes:
Yes, that’s the way it typically goes. A never-ending supply of rubes willing to throw their money at this type of venture will always exist. On the plus side, the original developer gets to pursue a dream and the rubes get to live in hope of eventual wealth that’s always just out of reach.

I hope someone figures out some way to increase fuel mileage.
And achieve 0-60 in 3 seconds? Bologna. Many 12 cylinder high perfomance cars cant do it in 3 seconds. Tell me which one of these cars does 0-60 in 3 seconds? http://www.newcoolcars.com/fast-cars/
Fast Cars
saleen-s7.jpg
Saleen S7 Twin Turbo

When you talk about Fast Cars the new Saleen S7 Twin Turbo is maybe the fastest. It has a 0-60 time of 3.3 seconds and 750 hp. It can accomplish the quarter mile in 10.6 seconds. This beast will knock your socks off with speed and looks that can kill.

McLaren F1 - The fastest car in the world until 2005

mclaren-f1.jpg

The McLaren F1 has 627 hp and a top speed of over 240 mph. The McLaren F1 is extremely fast and very light . This car has a zero to sixty time of 3.3 seconds. Made mostly of carbon fiber this car is so lightweight and fast you'll lose your mind!

Dodge Viper

viper.jpg

The Viper has just recently upped the horsepower to 600 in the new 2008 Dodge Viper. The Viper has a zero to sixty time of 4.0 seconds and can do a 1/4 mile in 12 seconds. This car has a top speed of 194 and torque torque torque! This car is pure power.

Ferrari 360 Modena / Ferrari 430 Modena - Best Regular Production Ferrari Ever

ferrari-360.jpg

The Ferrari 360 and 430 Modena has 400 hp in the F360 and 483 hp in the F430. Car and Driver magazine tested the Ferrari F430 and had a 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds. This makes the car the second fastest Ferrari ever, behind only the Ferrari Enzo which is 1 million dollars. The sound from the engine is amazing. With the F1 transmission these cars simply "Fly" off the line and you are gone!

Ferrari Enzo

ferrari-enzo.jpg

The fastest street legal Ferrari ever, The Enzo has 651 horsepower and a 0-60 time of 3.3 seconds. This car is just amazing to look at and is super fast. At 1 million a pop it isnt an every day driver but it's still a super cool car.

Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster

lamborghini-murcielago-roadster.jpg

The Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster has a 580 horsepower. The lambo has a 0 - 60 time of 3.4 seconds and is just a hair faster than a diablo which is 3.6 seconds. This car is just an amazing car, nothing turns heads like this car. Super fast and hot looks this car is an awesome fast car.

Anyone that believes that hick needs their head examined. And anyone that thinks you are going to do it and get 110 mpg needs to be committed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)