Letter from Dish on Hardware Upgrade to Keep Locals

Wdam33

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
Louisville, KY
So, I got a letter from Dish asking me to call in to schedule a tech appointment to upgrade equipment to keep my locals (Louisville, KY). I've got the western Arc dish and a wing. Are the Louisville markets moving?

Mark

Those letters are going out to people who have or have had their HD locals on the 77 and who are Arc swapping from Western to Eastern arc.

The Cincinnati area comes to mind for the 77 and Champagne Illinois is migrating to Western and Eastern from Western only

So, I got a letter from Dish asking me to call in to schedule a tech appointment to upgrade equipment to keep my locals (Louisville, KY). I've got the western Arc dish and a wing. Are the Louisville markets moving?

Mark
Louisville is now being mirrored at the 72 satellite. I am guessing your wing dish is for their old location at 77. If Dish is sending out these letters now, then it looks like their days at 77 will soon be over. More information here:

• Sad
Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
Sorry for the delay in responding, but I've got the western arc (110,119,129) and a wing on 77 which was just for locals. I suppose they want to set me up with an eastern arc hybrid with 72.7 and 61.5. This would be nice because I've wanted to just go back to a single dish solution instead of two.

Mark

Reactions: HipKat
Sorry for the delay in responding, but I've got the western arc (110,119,129) and a wing on 77 which was just for locals.

Mark
Okay, so the upgrade that Dish is offering is either a re-point of your wing dish to 72, or a complete swap over to Eastern Arc (61.5 and 72). If you feel comfortable re-pointing the wing dish yourself, you could go ahead and aim it at the 72 satellite. Then, just do a Check Switch on all of your receivers, and you will be all set, with no need for a technician visit.

Okay, so the upgrade that Dish is offering is either a re-point of your wing dish to 72, or a complete swap over to Eastern Arc (61.5 and 72). If you feel comfortable re-pointing the wing dish yourself, you could go ahead and aim it at the 72 satellite. Then, just do a Check Switch on all of your receivers, and you will be all set, with no need for a technician visit.
Aslong as he has mpeg4 equipment

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I've got the western arc (110,119,129) and a wing on 77 which was just for locals. I suppose they want to set me up with an eastern arc hybrid with 72.7 and 61.5. This would be nice because I've wanted to just go back to a single dish solution instead of two.

Mark
That's what it is!

I live in the Terre Haute, Indiana Market. Do I need a Tech Visit???
Probably so, if you have a 1000.4 Eastern Arc Dish kit/LNBF. I've worked in that area, on the Illinois side and have seen a lot of those .4's so it would be a good thing to let them put in a new 1000.2 and I'll tell you why; I could never get a .4 peaked on all the Sats. One would have to take a slight loss in signal to get the other 2 pointed in correctly.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yep, I'm MPEG4 compliant. Hopper 3 and a couple of new Joey's. I'll see what they'll offer to do. I'm sure my wife would prefer a single dish solution, but I'm fine with a simple repoint. Thanks for the help everyone.

Probably so, if you have a 1000.4 Eastern Arc Dish kit/LNBF. I've worked in that area, on the Illinois side and have seen a lot of those .4's so it would be a good thing to let them put in a new 1000.2 and I'll tell you why; I could never get a .4 peaked on all the Sats. One would have to take a slight loss in signal to get the other 2 pointed in correctly.
For the eastern arc on a 1000.4, I usually peak on 61.5 and 72.7, letting 77 fall wherever it lands since it rarely gets used. Only for those few times when 77 has a higher priority does it get more attention. Occasionally we've been in heavily treed spots where I can only hit 72.7 and 77 through a small opening in the leaves.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)