Lexington, KY HD LIL info

KyDave

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 3, 2003
Kentucky
I saw this pdf letter posted on our NBC affiliate's website. They are bickering with TWC over carriage disputes.

Anyway, the last sentence in this letter basically indicates that E* and D* will be adding their HD local channel in the next several weeks.

Great news, especially for our Fox affiliate (assuming they are included) that broadcasts their digital on channel 4 - a real PIA to receive.

:up

Now I wonder how long 'several weeks' is? :D

gdarwin

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 9, 2005
Lousville, KY
Anyway, the last sentence in this letter basically indicates that E* and D* will be adding their HD local channel in the next several weeks..

:up

Now I wonder how long 'several weeks' is? :D

It states you can connect an antenna to the E* or D* box to receive HD.

ktlloyd

Jul 20, 2008
Lexington KY HD Locals

Just upgraded a receiver on Friday and the installer told me that they had been told that HD locals would be activated by 08/01/08. I also had a new channel (75) appear in my guide for a few days (it is now gone) stating that HD local were being added in my area. Keep your fingers crossed. :p

Fitzie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 30, 2007
Central KY
HD locals in Lexington would be truly surprising, since there has been no yellow fuzz-ball on the expansion map for central KY on the charlie chats (in a while).

But if true, it would make my day.:)

Thanks for the encouragement anyway.

Fitzie

Fitzie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 30, 2007
Central KY
In what may be weird but true, the cited pdf letter from Ch. 18 says "without the need for an antenna..."

So we'll see.

Fitzie

P.S.: KyDave, thanks for the link.

Last edited:

msusig

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 16, 2008
Murray, KY
Well I hope you guys get it! Hopefully someday Dish will hook Paducah, KY up with some HD Locals. Direct added them like a month before I went to Dish. Oh well hopefully I'll get something by the time the next season of The Office starts!

KyDave

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 3, 2003
Kentucky
Well, so far the 'next several weeks' quoted in the above letter has been 63 and counting...... :)

BatteryDude1975

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 22, 2007
I hope just as much as anyone that Lexington,Ky gets locals in HD "soon". If we had HD locals then I would be happy with what I have, but, did you notice the date on the pdf ? Its dated "May of 2007". I believe those several weeks have passed. UGH! Come on Dish get Lexington Ky locals, PLEASE!