VIP622 won't connect to the ethernet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Willfrost

Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Summerfield, FL
Hello all,

I'm using a Linksys WRT54G router to try and connect my VIP622 to the internet. My DHCP is working correctly but my receiver can't seem to get a connection. I've tested the wiring between the receiver and router with my laptop and it's good to go. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Will

Hello all,

I'm using a Linksys WRT54G router to try and connect my VIP622 to the internet. My DHCP is working correctly but my receiver can't seem to get a connection. I've tested the wiring between the receiver and router with my laptop and it's good to go. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Will

you went into: menu/system setup/installation/Broadband setup/network setup/reset connection?

and youre getting nothing?

Yes. I tried resetting the connection. The "Please Wait" screen pops up for about a minute and then goes away. The IP, subnet, and everything else is still all zeros.

do you get the ethernet led on the receiver to light when you have it plugged it? (Have you checked the cable?)?

he said he checked the cable with another device.

if you are getting "connect" lights on both the 622 and the router, i would suspect that a setting in your router may be excluding the 622 from your subnet.

reset your router

reset the 622

check your router config

Are you using the USB or the ethernet connection? I have no problem with the ethernet.
I'm using the RJ-45 ethernet port on the receiver.

do you get the ethernet led on the receiver to light when you have it plugged it? (Have you checked the cable?)?
Checked the cable, it's working fine. I get no connection lights on either the router or the receiver.

he said he checked the cable with another device.

if you are getting "connect" lights on both the 622 and the router, i would suspect that a setting in your router may be excluding the 622 from your subnet.

reset your router

reset the 622

check your router config
I've power-cycled both devices, still no good. I'm fairly certain that the router's playing nice. Two nights ago I added a print server to my network and its DHCP was able to grab an IP address without any fuss.

Do you have MAC address filtering set on the WRT54GS?
(that's another possibillity).
No MAC address filtering either. This one's got me scratching my head!

No connection lights indicates somethings not right. I get lights at both ends immediately on connection. Are you maybe using a x-over cable by accident? (I'm grasping at straws...).

No connection lights indicates somethings not right. I get lights at both ends immediately on connection. Are you maybe using a x-over cable by accident? (I'm grasping at straws...).

That's exactly what I was thinking, cross-over cable maybe? Try a different cable and see if you see connection lights.

What LER is refering to is two side by side lights located over the port connection. The green stays lit with proper connection, yellow blinks once enabled? It this working on your receiver? Have you tried a different port on your router? Have you double checked that the cable is good?

He has tested the cable itself by connecting another device with it. I am not sure how it could be a crossover cable. He is not getting any connection light. That makes me think that there is a problem with the ethernet port on the x22. i would try using another port on the router to be sure.

He has tested the cable itself by connecting another device with it. I am not sure how it could be a crossover cable. He is not getting any connection light. That makes me think that there is a problem with the ethernet port on the x22. i would try using another port on the router to be sure.

Cable is good, I've verified it with my laptop. It's definitely not a crossover cable either. Swapping ports on the router doesn't change anything.

When plugged in, the connection light on the front of my router does not come on, neither do the pair of lights on the back of the receiver. When I plug my laptop into the cable its lights come on, flash, do all that great stuff and I get an internet connection.

I'm starting to think that I've got a bum port on my 622.

sounds like the port on the 622 is toast. :(

If you connect a cross over cable between the 622 and the PC do you get LINK?

sounds like the port on the 622 is toast. :(

If you connect a cross over cable between the 622 and the PC do you get LINK?
Still a no-go.

Thanks for all the great help everybody, I really appreciate it! Looks like I'll be giving Dish a phone call in the not-too-distant future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)