Satellite Setup Plan

FD611V

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Ok, here goes on how I hope to exceed with my setup with Dish Network.

I have the Dish 500 with the DP Pro Twin LNB installed... It' the Two ports out connectors LNB. One coax running to the newly required ViP 211, and one coax to a JVC 301 receiver. The ViP 211 hasn't been powered up yet, or activated.

I'm seriously wanting to remove the DP Pro Twin LNB and install a DP Pro Plus, with the two ports out, and one for a port in for another satellite. Will I need to buy another "Y-bracket" to except the larger width on the Plus Twin LNB?
And will the Pro Plus Twin LNB mount to the arm without any problems.
If all will work, I will buy another Dish 500, and mount a Dish Single DP LNB to get the 129 sat. Is the Dish Single LNB have two or one coax ports? Do I need the single LNb to have two or one out ports?

Would this be the proper way to get the 110,119, and 129 satellites?

Ok, here goes on how I hope to exceed with my setup with Dish Network.

I have the Dish 500 with the DP Pro Twin LNB installed... It' the Two ports out connectors LNB. One coax running to the newly required ViP 211, and one coax to a JVC 301 receiver. The ViP 211 hasn't been powered up yet, or activated.

I'm seriously wanting to remove the DP Pro Twin LNB and install a DP Pro Plus, with the two ports out, and one for a port in for another satellite. Will I need to buy another "Y-bracket" to except the larger width on the Plus Twin LNB?
And will the Pro Plus Twin LNB mount to the arm without any problems.
If all will work, I will buy another Dish 500, and mount a Dish Single DP LNB to get the 129 sat. Is the Dish Single LNB have two or one coax ports? Do I need the single LNb to have two or one out ports?

Would this be the proper way to get the 110,119, and 129 satellites?

a Dish Pro Twin LNB and a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB fit on the same yoke. no problem there.

any Dish 500 with either a DP Dual LNB (1 sat EYE and 2 output ports) or a DP Single LNB (one sat EYE and 1 output port) as a wing dish for 129 will work just fine.

Some folks would say you need an "I" yoke for the wing dish, but a standard Dish 500 "Y" yoke with a dual on one side works just fine on a wing dish pointed at a single sat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)