Lexington Locals in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They are available now, you just need to have a dish pointed at 77. WKYT is only MPEG4 SD for now, but other 3 are HD.

Check out the Louisville thread, some people are having luck getting an extra dish installed for 77.

I checked out the Louisville thread, and it is interesting.

Today I called Dish to see if they would come out and re-align, replace or whatever might be needed to get the Lexington HD locals. The CSR was very pleasant, but after putting me on hold for about 5 minutes he came back to say something like "sorry, but I can't do that." He explained there was a "roll-out" and that, basically, I could expect action when it came my turn.

As a side comment, I think he also said something about more satellite capability in 30 days or so. My guess is that he was referring to Ciel-2. The implication I gained was that "my turn" might come quicker if the Ciel-2 launch happens successfully in a timely manner.

The CSR had a slight accent, my impression was that he was hispanic but probably lives somewhere here in the states and has used English as a working language for a long time. I had to ask him to repeat what he had said a couple of times, he would start speaking so quickly that he would run his words together and my hearing is old.:)

If anyone else has a good experience in the Lexington DMA, please keep us posted.

Regards,
fitzie

I had a good experience. I live in South Lex. I only had to call Dish once and they set me up for last Sunday. They came out and installed a wing dish for 77. I wonder what they are talking about with a roll out, because they didn't mention one when I asked to get an install.

I had a good experience. I live in South Lex. I only had to call Dish once and they set me up for last Sunday. They came out and installed a wing dish for 77. I wonder what they are talking about with a roll out, because they didn't mention one when I asked to get an install.

That's interesting, since the CSR never offered a wing dish to me. Of course, I already have two dish 500s, one for 61.5 and the other for 110/119. I would have been willing to have a third dish 500, but it wasn't offered. Maybe I need to call back and try another CSR. I would actually prefer the 1000.4, one dish solution...

fitzie

P.S.: the roll-out may have to do specifically with the 1000.4.

Last edited:
I called Dish last week and had a service rep come out and add the wing dish to my unit to get the Lex HD channels. He indicated that if all of your TV's are not HD then you get the wing, if they are then you get the 1000.4 dish.

I called Dish last week and had a service rep come out and add the wing dish to my unit to get the Lex HD channels. He indicated that if all of your TV's are not HD then you get the wing, if they are then you get the 1000.4 dish.
I live in Richmond and called last week to have a setup for local HD channels. they came out last sunday and tryed to install a wing dish on my 1000.2 satellite and the tech never could get it to work, never could get a strong enough signal strength. I asked him about installing a single 1000.4 dish so he called his office and they agreed, came back today and installed the 1000.4 dish and works perfect. Am getting 61.5, 72 and 77 satellites now and am receiving nbc, abc and fox with no cbs yet. Works great with no problems!

That's interesting, since the CSR never offered a wing dish to me. Of course, I already have two dish 500s, one for 61.5 and the other for 110/119. I would have been willing to have a third dish 500, but it wasn't offered. Maybe I need to call back and try another CSR. I would actually prefer the 1000.4, one dish solution...

fitzie

P.S.: the roll-out may have to do specifically with the 1000.4.

Yeah, I'll bet that if you get the right CSR, you will have no problem getting it set up. My setup is a 1000.2 for 110, 119, and 129, and then the single dish for 77. From reading some of the other threads, it seems a lot of people are having trouble getting set up for 1000.4. It seems most are having to get the 2 or 3 dish option.

Yeah, I'll bet that if you get the right CSR, you will have no problem getting it set up. My setup is a 1000.2 for 110, 119, and 129, and then the single dish for 77. From reading some of the other threads, it seems a lot of people are having trouble getting set up for 1000.4. It seems most are having to get the 2 or 3 dish option.

You might be right, however I note that both you and Julian11 had the 1000.2 to get 129, so I conjecture that the approval may have been to supplement the 129 signal rather than as a supplement to the 61.5 signal which would be my situation. Screa2 did not specify if he was supplementing the 129 signal, but I'm guessing he was.

In either event, I will give Dish another call, probably Friday, to see what's up. Maybe more 1000.4s are now available in this area. If I understand other posts correctly, others with my dish configuration continue to have difficulties upgrading.

Thanks, and I'm glad you folks are getting a good local HD picture. Because WKYT has that CW co-channel, it's hard to say if we will get that one in HD anytime soon...wait, I meant to say in the near future!:)

Happy thanksgiving,
fitzie

Insight cable in Lexington is going digital on Dec. 4, according to a news report. Among the channels available, reportedly, are FX HD, Chiller HD, Fox BusinessHD, ESPNU HD, SpeedHD, etc. Those of you with service from 77W may be getting some of these from that satellite when Dish cuts the new packet loose "before the end of the year." It will certainly be interesting for the rest of us "existing customers" in the EA if we have to wait until Feb. 2009 to have access to 77 and thats where the new HD channels are carried.

fitzie

Is everyone having to pay for the dish upgrade? I called and after the clueless rep finally realized I needed another dish he said he could set it up for 60.00. I told him I did not want to pay extra. I was then transferred to tech that also told me that I would be charged. Told them same thing and she offered to send someone out to look at me setup and tell me what I need, but would not actually do anything. I said not to waste their time if they was just going to look.

I do not except everything for free, but my installation is about 3 months old and already outdated. I find it hard to believe that dish did not know this was about to happen and should have set me up with the correct equipment at the initial installation.

I have a dish 1000 at 110, 119, and 129. I also have a old dish 500 that I am not using. Could I point the dish 500 at the 77 sat and hook it into the dish 1000 and have this solved?

I have a dish 1000 at 110, 119, and 129. I also have a old dish 500 that I am not using. Could I point the dish 500 at the 77 sat and hook it into the dish 1000 and have this solved?

That would work provided you have the new cards. Your 500 has to have a DP LNB (not blank or DPP), clear your switch matrix by disconnecting the dish and doing a switch check. Then connect and find sat 77 on the 500 and connect the same port to the 1000 input. Reconnect the 1000 to the receiver and do the switch check again.

That would work provided you have the new cards. Your 500 has to have a DP LNB (not blank or DPP), clear your switch matrix by disconnecting the dish and doing a switch check. Then connect and find sat 77 on the 500 and connect the same port to the 1000 input. Reconnect the 1000 to the receiver and do the switch check again.

The LNB is a DP plus. Guess I need to figure out what plan B is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts