LG BD-300 with Netflix listed (10/10/08)

Yeah, I was real interested in this unit to consolidate my Blu-ray (S350) and netflix (Roku). Reviews have steered me away from it.

Yep, I'm now thinking I'm better off with a Panny BD35 and a Roku, or maybe breakdown and get a cheap laptop/desktop to connect to my bedroom TV for basic streaming purposes... OR, just get another PS3 and use PlayOn software to stream Netflix, Hulu, etc. like I have on my living room TV. Works pretty good actually, just need to keep my PC on.

Looks like there are some more combined Blu Ray/Net Flix devices in the pipeline:

Netflix, Samsung in streaming partnership | Technology | Reuters

I think I'm probably gonna give that whole thing a pass and get a PS3.
I already have NF streaming capability anyway - I'm using the component vid and digital audio outs on one of my PC's to go into my HD TV. Netflix streaming looks pretty good full screen. It was originally for gaming, but NF works well too!
Not sure if these other devices would improve PQ at all over my NVidia 8800GT video card for Netflix streaming...

If I'm reading the reviews and specs right, it seems like the PS3 is a better blu ray player than the LG BD300? Is that right?
On my 46" 1080i rear projection TV not sure I'd be able to tell the difference anyway??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)