LG OLED TV and controlling hopper

mrhoni

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
I just setup a 2020 LG OLED TV. It can turn on the Dish Hopper and can see the guide. 2 main things I want to do with the LG magic remote is get to the hopper DVR to access my recordings and also access the guide favorites that I set on the Hopper.

I just setup a 2020 LG OLED TV. It can turn on the Dish Hopper and can see the guide. 2 main things I want to do with the LG magic remote is get to the hopper DVR to access my recordings and also access the guide favorites that I set on the Hopper.
Never gonna happen. Get a Harmony remote.

Reactions: HipKat
I have a Harmony remote that I would need to reprogram for the TV, but was hoping to use just the LG remote.

I would use the Harmony or the Dish remote. The Harmony is easy to program, I have a Harmony One in my living room running the Hopper and all my home theater equipment. In the bedroom with the Joey 3 I am using the Dish remote to power on the TV and change inputs as well as control the volume on the soundbar. It works ok, changing inputs isn't as elegant as I would ideally like but it works.

Reactions: harshness and joegr
I have a Harmony remote that I would need to reprogram for the TV, but was hoping to use just the LG remote.
Reprogramming that Harmony to change the TV is so simple I have no idea why you are hedging. It takes 10 minutes at most.

Reactions: KAB