LG OLED TV and controlling hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrhoni

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
I just setup a 2020 LG OLED TV. It can turn on the Dish Hopper and can see the guide. 2 main things I want to do with the LG magic remote is get to the hopper DVR to access my recordings and also access the guide favorites that I set on the Hopper.

I just setup a 2020 LG OLED TV. It can turn on the Dish Hopper and can see the guide. 2 main things I want to do with the LG magic remote is get to the hopper DVR to access my recordings and also access the guide favorites that I set on the Hopper.
Never gonna happen. Get a Harmony remote.

Reactions: HipKat
I have a Harmony remote that I would need to reprogram for the TV, but was hoping to use just the LG remote.

I would use the Harmony or the Dish remote. The Harmony is easy to program, I have a Harmony One in my living room running the Hopper and all my home theater equipment. In the bedroom with the Joey 3 I am using the Dish remote to power on the TV and change inputs as well as control the volume on the soundbar. It works ok, changing inputs isn't as elegant as I would ideally like but it works.

Reactions: harshness and joegr
I have a Harmony remote that I would need to reprogram for the TV, but was hoping to use just the LG remote.
Reprogramming that Harmony to change the TV is so simple I have no idea why you are hedging. It takes 10 minutes at most.

Reactions: KAB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)