LG Thrill

csabec

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
UP of Michigan
I am considering a different phone finally! Haven't been in the market for a new smartphone for awhile so had some questions. Its been over a year or so since I had my BB Torch and I am 50/50 on it. So my contract is finally up and due for a phone and was looking at the Thrill as its 3D and seems like a good price point at $99 with 2yr. Has anyone been able to use and test the phone? I found some reviews on it but would have to wait a week to get a tester in my current market. Anything would be helpful. I am also looking at the Atrix and Inspire and at the outer end maybe Iphone or the upgraded BB Torch 9810.

The 3D is interesting to me not a real selling point with the LG. The price for the Samsung doesn't scare me, my main concern for a phone yet to be released is when will I actually get the phone as I probably be ordering via At&t since I don't live in a big enough market for us to get these phones the day it will be released. Also being new to Android what should I expect with Gingerbread as to Fryo?

I'm not in the US, don't know carrier specifics.
Also, never used a locked phone, don't know what the carrier can actually disable on a subsidized handset.

RE: Android...
That's hard to put in a forum post.
I see Gingerbread as a clean-up release with few new features added (e.g. hot-spot, aka tethering).
Again, what will be available to the user and how easy (if desirable) it will be to root/unlock is very carrier specific.
The O2 (UK) Galaxy S II had a no-brainer 5 min root/unlock (read XDA for more).

As to the experience: the S II is head and shoulders above any other (Android) smartphone.
From the quality of the screen, to touch to WiFi, etc. - no one is close.

Diogen.

Thanks for the help, I am going to wait and see if I am able to get the Samsung SII near the release date and work from there. If not I think I am going to go for the Inspire as I tested one out at the local At&t store yesterday and liked it, but I am not a huge fan of the HTC feel to it but seemed to built well and fast. Thanks again for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts