Liberty Media Buys 27% Stake in Charter John Malone Gets a Seat on Company's Board

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think it's a bad decision.Tom Rutledge ceo of charter,recently shut down u matter to charter online support,and disallows customer owned modems.Two moves that imo will only worsen charter's customer satisfaction ratings.

If they raise my 30 meg package price higher than the $34.99 a month I'm paying now, I'll simply cancel and go another way. It's just not worth more than that price to me.

Surprised they haven't already.Heck I'm paying $40 for the same package,and that's an introductory price.Supposed to go up $5 after 12 mos,then $5 after 24 mos.

I have internet-only, 30/3meg. Of course, there's a few QAM channels in there I'm not supposed to know about, but my tv has a QAM tuner. I use Dish for tv, and have both a C-band and KU FTA dish system.

I used to have Charter for tv, but I got sick of their crap equipment when my Moxi dvr went belly-up, and they gave me this terrible Motorola dvr for a replacement, and jumped to Dish. I then much later went back for just the internet-only 1mb, and moved up from there.

Oh. the secret into getting a price like that, is to tell the CSR you want a deal because they charge too much. The next thing is they'll offer you a big chunk off if you agree to a 24 month contract. I've renewed that contract twice now.

hehehe Thanks for the tip primestar. I get around 37 clear qam channels,although they are only sd,Charter has been ringing my phone off the hook trying to get me to sign up for the tv package.I keep telling them don't want no crappy sd,plus I'm happy with Dish.

Weird. Down here in Louisiana, they wouldn't lease my sister a modem, she had to BUY one.

I just got the new Cisco about 6 months ago for my 30meg service from them, and its included in my 44.99 price. But she had to buy the Cisco off Amazon, they provisioned it and it works fine.

Seems with Charter one hand doesn't know what the other one is doing. I hope this new guy doesn't cock things up too much, down here, its Charter 30 mbit or AT&T 1.5 Mbit DSL :-(

Weird. Down here in Louisiana, they wouldn't lease my sister a modem, she had to BUY one.

I just got the new Cisco about 6 months ago for my 30meg service from them, and its included in my 44.99 price. But she had to buy the Cisco off Amazon, they provisioned it and it works fine.

Seems with Charter one hand doesn't know what the other one is doing. I hope this new guy doesn't cock things up too much, down here, its Charter 30 mbit or AT&T 1.5 Mbit DSL :-(

I don't know all the details,just what little I have read on the web.If I recall correctly,areas that are already,or are in the process of upgrading to docsis 3.0,will be supplied a charter modem.Your statement of one hand doesn't know what the other is doing,also sums it up.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)