Lies

djlin

Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Hi there. I pretty new to this forum.

I had ordered service(digital home advantage) thru Dish Network a while back with the standard dish that came with it. I then wanted to order the Chinese Super Pack (international package) and the CSR told me that I needed to get the superdish in order to get the Chinese Super Pack. They also told me that in order to get the Superdish for free I needed to sign on for a year. When They came to replace the dish I asked them if there is another way of mounting the dish since it's bigger and heavier than the regular dish. They said no!

So my Question is:
1. My father in law called and wanted the same thing and the CSR told hiim that he only needs the regular dish for the Chinese Super Pack. So, did I need to upgrade to the superdish or did they lie to me to get me to sign a year contract?

2. They also told him that the Superdish only mounts on a pole. Is this true? Because I don't want any part of my roof falling off.

Thanks in advance for the help!

David

djlin said:
So my Question is:
1. My father in law called and wanted the same thing and the CSR told hiim that he only needs the regular dish for the Chinese Super Pack. So, did I need to upgrade to the superdish or did they lie to me to get me to sign a year contract?
The Chinese superpack needs the superdish...
2. They also told him that the Superdish only mounts on a pole. Is this true? Because I don't want any part of my roof falling off.

David
preferred is on a pole..but I have a 37x27 dish mounted to my roof with no issues :)

I always maunt my superdish in a pole or in the concrete wall. I do not want to get any responsable if the superdish fall or damage the customer roof later.
If you change you mind later, it is easy to remove the superdish from a pole that the roof.

Yes, you need Superdish for chinese superpack. Positively!

[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

Hi welcome to the forum! As a Dishnetwork Techincan/Installer. If mounted to the roof right the superdish will not cause damages. The installer should use pitch patch ( a tar sealant). Basically what it does it seals the screws as there being screwed into the roof and it prevents any water damage to the roof. Also when the installer puts it on the roof they should use the Strut mounting kit. He also should hit studs with the two center bolts and studs on the struts. this will keep your dish from flying off the roof. I did my own super dish install like this and have had no problems. If installed right no parts of your roof will fly off and the install should last 15 to 20 years. just as long as your roof will. Yes a roof install will be more riskey but it can last just as long as a pole mount will. Also the roof is a last mounting resort. if you can do a pole mount do it. but if it has to go on the roof you should be allright.

djlin said:
Hi there. I pretty new to this forum.

I had ordered service(digital home advantage) thru Dish Network a while back with the standard dish that came with it. I then wanted to order the Chinese Super Pack (international package) and the CSR told me that I needed to get the superdish in order to get the Chinese Super Pack. They also told me that in order to get the Superdish for free I needed to sign on for a year. When They came to replace the dish I asked them if there is another way of mounting the dish since it's bigger and heavier than the regular dish. They said no!

So my Question is:

David
The Chinese Super Pack and the Chinese Great Wall Package require the 121 SuperDish. The Chinese Plus Pack only requires a 2nd dish if you already have a Dish 500. There is no Chinese language package on the Dish 500 by itself.

The generally preferred methods of mounting a SuperDish are on a pole or attached to the side of the building with struts.

Either the person who told your father the Super Pack was available on a "regular" dish was simply wrong or your father was confused about what he said. That doesn't mean anyone was lying.

IF (and ONLY if) the installer is competent (noice I didn't say "good" or "great" - just competent). there's no issues with ground, wall or roof mounting a small Dish, SuperDish, DirecWay, or, except for wall mount, even a BUD.

I wall-mount DWays all the time - it's my preferred setup. I also know of several BUDs that have been roof-mounted around here for 10+ years.

I've got a DWay install on Monday that'll be a roof-mount, tho. In fact, that's the ONLY option - no LOS from any ground or wall mount area - and anyway there ain't no way I'm digging any holes through Pikes Peak Granite in the winter! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)