Life of Pi

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
http://www.youtube.com/user/thelifeofpimovie?v=mX2HBsHbNZM

I have mixed feelings on this movie. To me it seems more about the effects and wonder than the story. Perhaps since it was a work of fiction I was not as interested in what was going to happen. Since the movie starts with the adult Pi you know of course he will survive the shipwreck and being stranded on the life boat with the tiger. The movie is told by the adult Pi to a visiting writer.

It has humor, and lots of spectacular visuals. The main problem I had with the movie is that it was unrealistic. I found myself looking at my watch a few times and calculating how much time was left in the movie. The younger audience members seemed to enjoy it, probably fascinated by the tiger.

I saw it in 2D, perhaps it would have been more compelling in 3D?

The first 1/3 of the movie is good with growing up in India. But, once the movie gets in the lifeboat it just takes too long. I felt as if I was living the 8 months at sea. It also tries to weave religion in, but it came across to me as more of a clunky after thought.

Overall I enjoyed the movie, but I would not want to sit through it again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)