Life On Mars ...

jokeworm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
Tulsa. Ok.
ABC - Life on Mars: Thursday, Oct. 9, 10 p.m. ET (series premiere)

This is going to be HUGE.

Saw the UK version of this show a couple of years ago and it was excellent. Just watched a pre-air of episode one of the US version of this show and .. it is pretty much using the same script .. with the obvious cultural changes/references being changed too ...

The quality is still there though ... do set your DVR's ... this is going to be the biggest "new" hit of 2008.

Don't say i didn't tell you ...

;)

Not one comment ? Really ?

Just caught up with the 1st episode. I thought it was much better than the pre-air that i caught. Looked fantastic in HD. Music was excellent. Followed the UK storyline almost exactly .. but was different enough to keep me interested.

Its going to stay on my list of shows that i will be DVR'ing for sure :)

well i wont be watching the us version as, like you, i watched the uk version, and so all the cultural references, as i grew up in the uk during this period, the old cars etc, where fun. The us version wont have that relevance for me, so will be watching other stuff.

Hope it is a hit.

It was OK. I'll watch a couple more to see how it ends up. Pretty sad when new network shows a remakes.

S~

I liked it. My wife and I both enjoyed Journeyman so wasn't sure what to expect here. Really only complaint was they explained too much too soon?
If he is in a coma, would have maybe added a bit more mystery if they didn't mention anything quite yet to string us along for a few episodes on "where" he was and how he got there.
But regardess it was still pretty good and I'll keep the timer for now.

-Mike

Bottom line for me, just another cop show, this one set in the 70's. I'll pass on the rest.

time tunnel meets nypd blue. sadly, it ain't blue and how many time traveling shows must we endure. but the possibility sam tyler is really in a mental ward or in a coma at the hospital does make this intriguing. i've given it a season pass.....we shall see!

I'll pass. I already watched the BBC version and don't have time to watch the U.S. version too. The funniest thing about this season is that I have TOO much new tv shows that I want to watch and NOT enough time to watch them all. I feel like I can't keep up. Who would of thought that this would of ever be a problem?

Watched last night's ep, which will be my last. I could not believe the lousy music editing of the old songs. They really butchered "I An A Rock' and "All The Way To Memphis". No even close to matching beats.

I wanted to like it, but I gave up halfway thru last night's ep. Having seen most of the British version, the eps are carbon copies of the originals, but far less subtle about hitting you over the head saying "1973!". The dialogue tries a little too hard to be cute. Maybe if people haven't seen the other version they might enjoy this one.

The problem for me is this show is over the top with the stereotypes. I haven't totally given up, but if I did not have 3 tuners to record three shows at the same time, this would be the first to go.

See ya
Tony

I just saw the second episode .. it does seem to be a little "dumbed down" for some reason .. i don't think it needs to be as blatant about it ... i agree .. they should give the viewer at least some credit for having half a brain and let them piece more of it together rather than hit them over the head with a big brick to show them what is going on.

Shame - could have been something special.