Lifetime Ala Carte?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yup. It had to do with the Hearst TV stations. Greenville, SC and Cincinnati locals launched without the NBC affiliates until the deal was finalized a month later. LMN popped up a week after my local NBC. (9/29/00 and 10/6/00)

See ya
Tony

A Little Irritated!

Chris Walker said:
What are you hearing Scott? The wife was a little irritated at no wife-beating movie last night, I am hoping they get something worked out.

I just wanted to mention (even tho I am not happy with Lifetime at the moment), that not ALL their movies are about wife beating, and I take offense that some here think that this is all we miss! On the other hand, if you are, was a victim of abuse, or know someone who was....it's kind of nice at the end of these movies to see the abuser finally get theirs! Some of these movies actually do help "people" (not just women), see that there can be life after abuse and you can get away. My daughter was a victim of abuse for years. She got away, and now the $%#^@$ is abusing his new wife and kids! Maybe some men ought to watch these movies and think twice!! There is more awareness about this these days, and it's thanks to television, especially Lifetime, for making the awareness possible.

(This is in no way an endorsement for Lifetime, nor am I affiliated with Lifetime, nor am I involved in any way to Lifetimes smear campaign against Dish0 :cool:

twinrocks said:
I just wanted to mention (even tho I am not happy with Lifetime at the moment), that not ALL their movies are about wife beating, and I take offense that some here think that this is all we miss! On the other hand, if you are, was a victim of abuse, or know someone who was....it's kind of nice at the end of these movies to see the abuser finally get theirs! Some of these movies actually do help "people" (not just women), see that there can be life after abuse and you can get away. My daughter was a victim of abuse for years. She got away, and now the $%#^@$ is abusing his new wife and kids! Maybe some men ought to watch these movies and think twice!!

Being one of those women who have been attacked, and have worked with women and children who have been abused, I personally find the amount of movies with women and children abused, and in the end all coming out pristine, disgusting. It rarely happens in this world. Last year this woman, who literally lived across the street from the local police dept. was killed by her husband. She had a restraining order against him. The local women's shelter keeps having to be moved to keep the women safe, and still part of the women are either found and abused again, or go back to be abused again. The only men who probably watch those movies are gettting off on the graphic violence to women, and turning it off before they show where he gets his. Everyone has a right to their opinion. I don't expect anyone to adopt mine, still lets see if there is a reason someone makes a statement. I really don't think he meant to insult anyone. He was just blowing off steam because he has heard the woman in his life complain about not having her favorite channel. There are people in this world that only care about not having something they want. Very few of us actually ask why we don't have what we want.

Hopefully this is true that Lifetime will be back.. That will be good enough. If we got Oxygen because of dumping LMN.. then its worth it. You have to admit that oxygen has a ton more NEW content then the old reruns on LMN.

I just got alerted that Lifetime could return tonight at Midnight, however no word if that is Eastern Time or Pacific time.

I see lifetime.. but LMN shows up red.. I am on the AT120 So maybe they put LMN on AT180 now... or maybe its a la carte?

Yep, I have them both! Thank goodness they kissed and made up!! We were without power most the evening, but we have Moms guesthouse on a generator. So, I went over to check on her and was changing her channel to Elove.....lo and behold I saw Lifetime AND LMN listed!! A few minutes later the power came on, and I came here to make sure it was what I was seeing.....LOL!! I won't believe anything unless it's on satelliteguys now!!

Did he actually make his 11 million back with the negotiations to get the price dropped on Lifetime? If Dish got the channels cheaper then it will hurt negotiations with the other companies in the future if that information is allowed to be released.

Maybe this is just an extension until they get negotiations done? I do wonder who gave in if it is finally settled in which its believed to be.

Multi-Year

I read on the Denver Channel that they reached a multi-year agreement, so I would assume we should have them both for a while. LMN moved to a higher package, so people who want it will have to subscribe to a more expensive package. (We already have the higher package). Probably a smart move for both as I imagine Dish is paying more than they wanted to so would benefit them to move it up to gain more money. We will probably never know what the agreement is.

My family watches a lot of news, and no one saw anything about this little feud on television news, only on the internet. I wonder why that is?

twinrocks said:
I am so mad at Lifetime!! They have enough money to do a smear campaign against Dish NetWork. In the beginning I was mad at Dish, and then we changed to Direct TV.......but we had not cancelled our Dish since it was paid for through July. We went back to DTV, and after comparing the two, we like Dish better! Of course I miss Lifetime/LMN, but as time goes on I see that Lifetime has very low integrity and that they really don't care about their women viewers.

Today should tell the final decision about whether Lifetime will return to Dish, and I will be glad when it is over! Although Dish added Oxygen, I find it to be a horrible channel with nothing I want to watch on it. I am not interested in sex talk programs, and I am not a lesbian, so nothing there interests me on that channel. (Nothing against lesbians, its just I am not one so am not interested).

I have enough VHS tapes and DVD's to try to fill the void when I have time to watch a movie.

The good thing about all this mess is that it led me to this forum. I have learned a lot and found many resources through this place.

EXCUSE me! I wouldn't consider "A Different World" and "Living Single" programs for Lesbians. In fact they're sitcoms that are quite good that I like. Too bad Lifetime really didn't pay attention to the Black female demographic. Also my mom wanted it for Oprah. I'm just curious, now that Dish has made a deal with Lifetime, will they drop Oxygen as soon as the contract ends? I mean it's kind of nice to almost have as many regular channels as DirecTV does as WELL as the extra movie channels they don't carry. YES! Dishites CAN have all the channels, movie and otherwise for lower cost! ;-)
Btw with the whole LMN bit, just Lifetime and LMN, it looks like Dish won IMO, because I don't see them carrying LRW. I don't know WHY you women bitch about losing LMN, IMO it's as worthless as Hallmark Movie Channel and AMC simply because they ALL air commercials and cut footage out, edit it for the time alloted with commercials. Now if LMN stopped airing commercials as well as Hallmark and AMC I MIGHT upgrade to Top 180 just to get them. I'm planning on going to Dish HD Platinum in the future since it's not a bad deal anyway. $90 for the AEP and $10 for all the HD channels is especially appealing knowing I'm paying the same price I did for the 5 full rez channels as well as the others being just a bonus. Hopefully VOOM will be bumped up to full HD too, until then I'd block the channels. Soz for getting off topic Scott.

Status
Please reply by conversation.