Lifetime Launches 'Drop DISH' Campaign

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My Wife still says Cox cable does full HD, plus there HD Package with ESPN and TNTHD and Universal HD is free with the Digital cable package.

And they have Lifetime.

I think she is making fun of me.

How do I prove Cox is doing HD Lite like DBS, when the techs you call keep claiming they are doing full HD?

ScottChez said:
My Wife still says Cox cable does full HD, plus there HD Package with ESPN and TNTHD and Universal HD is free with the Digital cable package.
And they have Lifetime.
How do I prove Cox is doing HD Lite like DBS, when the techs you call keep claiming they are doing full HD?

Whether or not Cox has HD Lite has NOTHING to do with this thread and NOTHING to do with this forum. If you want to start a discussion on Cox HD, it should be done on the Cox forum, not in the Lifetime thread on the DISH forum.

Seems interesting that not many of the Lifetime forums have many posts about this issue. A search for "Ergen" turned up a handfull of ports, a lot in response to an e-mail sent out by Lifetime.

People have said, "if it is that important, just switch to DirecTV or cable". Well, what if you're under contract for Dish Programming? What are you going to do, fork over $$$ to break the contract?

What we'll probably find is Lifetime and LMN cost $.26/sub/mo and the rate increase for those two channels was $.04 for 2006. Then, Lifetime probably wanted LRW (or whatever) added for another $.15/sub/mo for a total of $.45/sub/mo. That gives you Lifetime's "pennies" and Dish's "76% increase".

Last edited:
Chris Walker said:
Lifetime is sponsoring protest demonstrations in several cities now :rolleyes:
http://www.lifetimetv.com/about/pressrelease_011206.html
Can't they just accept the fact that Charlie doesn't want their channel anymore? It's like they think it should be illegal for someone to not want Lifetime.

Very true. It's the new fascism of the PC. If you don't bow to demands you are branded sexist, racist, etc.

Yet they can't demonstrate how reruns of old network shows and sensationalized movies of the week are positive for women in any way. Further, why not spend the ad money from these protests to instead put all the PSA stuff up in other forums. If your goal is to educate women, you do it where it is well received, not by force.

Anyway, the ESPN comparison is lame unless ESPN ran reruns of Coach, First and Ten, Arli$$ all day! But they don't, they run live news, live high demand sporting events, and even non-sports like ice skating...

Minsk1 said:
Espn != (not equal) Lifetime:rolleyes:

No, but actually they have the same owner/owners:D
So Disney/Hearst-Argyle may just turn around and charge a lot more
for ESPN if Dish keeps refusing to pay for Lifetime.

ScottChez said:
And they have Lifetime.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=52480

Chris Walker said:
Lifetime is sponsoring protest demonstrations in several cities now :rolleyes:
http://www.lifetimetv.com/about/pressrelease_011206.html
Can't they just accept the fact that Charlie doesn't want their channel anymore? It's like they think it should be illegal for someone to not want Lifetime.

Saw a report on one of the protests and apparently many of the protesters didn't get the talking points. The couple people interviewed said that E* was being very unfair to women (that's the message they want out) and Dish should carry all channels and let women choose and pay for only the ones they want.(obviously that's NOT the message they want to resonate) One even used ESPN as an example saying why do I have to pay for ESPN, but I can't even choose to pay for Lifetime or not.

If Lifetime adds fuel to the a la carte fire, they are gonna lose their club membership with the big boys.

CPanther95 said:
Now that News Corp/FOX are becoming a more significant content player, they want content providers to be able to dictate carriage.
Ah but can you have your cake and eat it too? News Corp is playing both sides here and if they aren't careful, it could come back and bite them.

RonMort046 said:
I hope the women kick his greedy ass.
So Charlie is greedy because he doesn't want to pay for an increase (regardless of what the actual increase is). Whouldn't that make him cheap, not greedy. It would appear to me that it's lifetime that is greedy, at least has a significantly higher costs, or some combination of the both.

Hmm, Charlie and Lifetime's CEO should go on CNBC and do the whole split screen thing. Charlie would shred their argument to pieces.

This whole spat has been invisible in my household. My wife doesn't even know it's gone.

Hey, we may have gotten Fine Living out of this which I WILL watch. This works for me.....

Charlie should make Lifetime put their money where their mouth is. He should make a public statement offering to carry Lifetime and LTM ala-cart, with with the provision that 100% of the subscriber revenue generated be donated to <insert woman's charity list here>.

NightRyder

Last edited:
iKramerica said:
Very true. It's the new fascism of the PC. If you don't bow to demands you are branded sexist, racist, etc.
Yet they can't demonstrate how reruns of old network shows and sensationalized movies of the week are positive for women in any way. Further, why not spend the ad money from these protests to instead put all the PSA stuff up in other forums. If your goal is to educate women, you do it where it is well received, not by force.
Anyway, the ESPN comparison is lame unless ESPN ran reruns of Coach, First and Ten, Arli$$ all day! But they don't, they run live news, live high demand sporting events, and even non-sports like ice skating...

First of all, the only hypersenstive offended if you say their name wrong group today are the EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS who will burn your home down if you dare say "Happy Holidays". They Hypersensitivity of todays conservatives blows away any PC stuff of the 90s. 2nd of all there is nothing liberal about Lifetime OR DISNEY. Both are MEGALOPIC MONSTEROUS MULTITRILLION DOLLAR CORPORATIONS filled with cutthroat sell your own children business guys.

Lastly, the DBS industry(and Charlie for that matter) are both are far left of Move-on.org in the things that matter most(MONEY). Cable is the established, protect your monopoly from regulation, industry. Cable father to the right than James Dobson.

I wonder if these women have anything better to do. If Lifetime and LMN mean that much to them then wouldn't it be simpler just to switch providers than to protest about it? If they protest for Lifetime then it would seem as if they like Dish Network and just want Lifetime back on it. It is almost as if they are contradicting themselves.

Stargazer said:
I wonder if these women have anything better to do. If Lifetime and LMN mean that much to them then wouldn't it be simpler just to switch providers than to protest about it? If they protest for Lifetime then it would seem as if they like Dish Network and just want Lifetime back on it. It is almost as if they are contradicting themselves.

That's a very good point. If they are so appauled, they can switch to another company. If they switched, it wouldn't matter whether DISH brought Lifetime back or not since they wouldn't be a subscriber anymore. Of course, then they wouldn't have a reason to stand around with signs making fools of themselves.

jeffwtux said:
First of all, the only hypersenstive offended if you say their name wrong group today are the EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS who will burn your home down if you dare say "Happy Holidays". They Hypersensitivity of todays conservatives blows away any PC stuff of the 90s. 2nd of all there is nothing liberal about Lifetime OR DISNEY. Both are MEGALOPIC MONSTEROUS MULTITRILLION DOLLAR CORPORATIONS filled with cutthroat sell your own children business guys.

What are you smoking?:eek:

jeffwtux said:
nothing, what was they smoking who thought there was anything liberal about Lifetime.?
You should really look at who is writing letters of support for Lifetime before making such assinine statements

jeffwtux said:
nothing, what was they smoking who thought there was anything liberal about Lifetime.?

Actually you brought up the whole "liberal" statement. The comment was that it was political correctness run amok when refusing to come to contract terms with a television network would be considered anti-woman or anti-women's issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)