lifetime real women

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Rumor ALERT: Lifetime Real Women

I have received an e-mail stating that Lifetime Real Women will be coming to Dish on 2/15/06. No package info available at this time.

See ya
Tony

Hey Tony, you know we don't post rumors here, only items backed up by a press release... Oh wait this is SatelliteGuys!

Thanks this one is a surprise to me, perhaps Dish Network did not win the Lifetime war afterall.

Thanks again Tony!

My guess would be Dish won although they compromised on adding Real Women, Lifetime Movie went to AT180 and I bet Lifetime caved on the rates since they saw Dish was willing to completely walk away.

LOL... We'll see in a couple of weeks how correct the info was. :)

It's funny you mention items backed up by press release. I posted on the "grandpa" DBS Forum (not the arch-rival cousin site) about Lifetime being back on the system at 1:30am after the channels were clearly visible on subscriber's receivers. The first post in response was: Where's your proof? :D I couldn't believe it! But it was good for a laugh.

See ya
Tony

It was funny I pop in there from time to time, its one of my old homes that was my first DBS site (well actually DBS Dish was)

The other day they were talking about the DirecTV press increase and some guy posted something about SatelliteGuys saying he never believed anything he read over here. Anyways someone wanted to know what was posted here so I reposted the info there, the SAME guy who said he never believes anything posted here was the first to thank me for the excellent info. Guess he didn't put two and two together. :D

lakebum431 said:
Wow, that is interesting. Maybe we were wrong about who "won" the battle.

Oh yeah. DISH is definitely the big, big loser here. DISH shouldn't have caved on any of them, much less all three!

lakebum431 said:
Wow, that is interesting. Maybe we were wrong about who "won" the battle.

Well don't let facts confuse you. If at any time it appears that your side did not win just make up some set of circumstances that would make it look like they did and insist it is true.

Last edited:
I remember the DBSDish days and its takeover and end of the site in which turned into DBSForums. Things sure have changed, particularly the way we think about satellite. I think totally about things now than I did back then. Heck I did not even have a computer when I posted on DBSDish. I used the 7100 WebTv receiver to post back and forth on that site.

hi all
i went to dbs forum
and look up i see that they dishnetwork uplink for LIFETIME REAL WOMEN
CHANNEL IS 117 BE ON FEB -15.
i do not know what dishnetwork channels package be in

I knew they will be adding the rest of the lifetime channels, im guessing thats probally the 180 pack, cause Lifetime for movies is 180.

are we really starting this rumor just because we think the new deal had to include LRW? if it wasn't in the PR I doubt it will be coming, and hopefully it wont be

Hopefully it's not true. I don't believe it, but I guess I'll have to wait and see

I doubt that I will watch it often but others would say the same thing about CSTV, the superstations and some other stations that I watch. There is no reason (other than bandwidth) to get angry ata channel addition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)